FP Issue

njrirlabor

Registered Users (C)
Dear All:

I would appreciate if any one can provide some input regarding my FP.

My I 485 was filed in VSC in August 2005. I was finger printed soon after filing. My PD is current, but my case stuck in name check. However, my spouse's ( please note I am the primary applicant) name check cleared in Dec 2006.

So, now, my spouse has received a FP notice, however, I have not. Is this an error on USCIS's part or is it that as my FP has not cleared I will not receive an approval.

Also, how long do the FPs last for? Also, both I and my wife got finger printed, when we applied for our EAD renewal. So, I am not too sure, if that is something different.

Any input would be grealty appreciated.

Thank You
Regards

Normally, FPs expire after 15 months. But USCIS does'nt issue new FPs normally, until everything else (name checks etc.) are cleared just before the case is ready for adjudication by officer. Now, your wife's 2nd FPs are because her case is ready for adjudication - but since you are the primary applicant her case will not get adjudicated until your case is all clear and you also get your 2nd FPs done. Once your name cheks clear you would receive yours 2nd FP Notice and then finally both you and your wife would receive approvals simultaneously.

Thanks Aakash28! This is exactly the answer I was looking for. I really appreciate your input. This clarifies the FP expiration issue for me.

Thanks again!

Aakash28 said:
Normally, FPs expire after 15 months. But USCIS does'nt issue new FPs normally, until everything else (name checks etc.) are cleared just before the case is ready for adjudication by officer. Now, your wife's 2nd FPs are because her case is ready for adjudication - but since you are the primary applicant her case will not get adjudicated until your case is all clear and you also get your 2nd FPs done. Once your name cheks clear you would receive yours 2nd FP Notice and then finally both you and your wife would receive approvals simultaneously.

Aakash28 said:

I dont agree with you. FP has nothing to do with namecheck. FP notices are sent automatically once it expires.
If you do a search you will see that millions of people who are stuck in Namecheck do get regular FP notices.

One more possibility is that after approval also one can get FP notice. Refer to this link:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=223029&page=1&pp=15

Last edited by a moderator: