FP Issue ; Please advise

dude2711725

Registered Users (C)
Dear All:

Please advise if this is normal:

I received a request for my first finger printing dated 5/15/03 - I went for the same and just today received another notice to re - appear on 6/18/03 - Is this normal???

Sometimes if they did not get the finger prints properly, they would call back. There is nothing unusual about it.

me too

I did first FP on 5/14/03, online status shows received FP result on 5/20/03. Now I received 2nd FP notice scheduled for 6/20/03.

Same her " LG Wait " my online status says recvd 5/20 and processing and all of a sudden i receive this notice to reappear, lets see what they have to say this time

Me too. What's going on here?

I just did my FP on 5/21/03 and the on line message already showed that "FP review has been received and process on your case has been resumed blah blah blah...". Today I received another FP notice. I suppose that I can ignore this notice since there is something written on the notice that "if you have done your FP during the past ? days you can ignore this notice". Am I right?

My 2nd FP notice says" please disregard this notice if your application has already been granted"
My lawyer told me to go along with the receipt from 1st FP. I think we better go. double check with your lawyer.

Hi Guys,
I'm in the same boat. I did my FP on 5/22/03, online says
it was received on 5/27/03 and processing has resumed...But my
lawyer just sent an email saying that he got another FP notice
scheduled for 6/19/03.
These FP are done by INS. If it's not clear then online should mention that. Did anybody try calling IIO? I'll find out more from my lawyer tomorrow.

Regards,

Here is what I was told...

I called the BCIS customer service No. on the bottom of the notice and talked to a CR. He asked me whether the two notices were for the same case type and where the notices came from. I replied that both notices were for case type I-485 and both of them came from INS application support center in Newark, NJ. Then I was told that the second FP notice was a duplicate notice and I could just ignore it. I asked him three times whether he was 100% sure and he replied yes.

So is this it? Can we trust the BCIS CR? What do you guys think?

FP - Issues

Dear All:

I Spoke with an IIO just now and explained her the situation and she advised " action " has been taken i.e. you are required to re submit your FP again - spoke with my attorney and he too advised me the same thing - Guess we do not take any chances and go for it per schedule, comments please .....

Don't worry at all

Hi Forum friends,

I had a same situation and I called my lawyer to ask him what action is to be taken and he told me you don't have to worry 'cos its a mistake on BCIS end . Anyway my lawyer will send a letter to BCIS stating that my FP has already been taken and the online status has been changed.

I would advise you all to take the same kind of action through your lawyer.

Good Luck.

I am in the same boat. Seems there is some problem in BCIS system or they decided to re-fingerprint all of us because
the hard disk on which our results were stored was crashed
and is not recoverable by any means:).
Just a theory..

Two FP notices within a month-- Wiered
I and my wife got our Finger Printing done May 20, 2003(in last month). My status is updated on BCIS site that they received
FP results from FBI and processing is resumed.
My wife got manual Finger printing done and her status is not
changed yet. But in case of manual FP it takes a while
to receive results from FBI.

Yesterday I saw Finger printing notices again for me and my wife and we are schedules for FP on June 19 2003 , this month.
I am not understanding whether,

1. To go again for Finger Printing
2. Or just ignore the FP notice

Thanks
VCPAT

I called up my attorney and she told me its is better to attend it. Better not take any chances.

This thing is absurd. Two FPs in one month???

Well I've seen weirder...

My spouse & I got FOUR FP notices (TWO for each of us) from the same (TSC) center with the same scheduled date. We each just took one going FP ONCE... I mean BCIS (INS) does make mistakes and we don't have to follow all their instructions. Ignore the second one, no problem.

Then again, that's probably why our cases haven't got approved yet :) :) :)

This is what my lawyer replied:

" I know,But I am also aware that they sometimes fingerprint two or three times. Let's just comply. This went into effect post 9/11."

This means I'll be going for it. It'll not hurt.

I also gave my second FP on 31st May. Should I aspect a notice for RE-FP?

who ever got a re-do notice, pl. share your info like
1. where u gave FP (center)
2. Did you went earlier then scheduled date?