FP Issue - any suggestions ??

lareds

Registered Users (C)
I have done my 2nd FP over 2 weeks ago. My wife's results were updated in the status but my message still refers to old FP (over 2 years ago)

I called the FBI and they confirmed that they have sent the results back to CSC the same day of FPing. BCIS customer service do not have a clue about the results. Neither my lawyer was able to help ("I dont work at CSC to know the details" )

I appreciate any suggestions
Thanks in advance !

------
WAC-02-176
2nd FP done
couple of updates to LUD in last 2 weeks

Same here

We did our 2nd fingerprints a week ago and it is not updated for both me and my spouse. Our first FP was updated in 3 days. I am begining to worry now. I will wait for one more week before calling the FBI number. When you called FBI, what information did they ask about you? I 485 WAC number? A #? What is the number you called? Your reply would be appreciated.

Thanks

SGM

WAC 03029*****

It took 2 weeks in my case to have the "FP received" status shown up. (2FP done 6/26, received 7/9) I'm sure FBI sent the results earlier than that, cos my 1FP took only 2 days.

I saw another fellow here took 3 weeks to have his 2FP shown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jkuo44

I guess BCIS is swamped with 2nd FP results and they are taking their own time to update the records.

sgm said:
We did our 2nd fingerprints a week ago and it is not updated for both me and my spouse. Our first FP was updated in 3 days. I am begining to worry now. I will wait for one more week before calling the FBI number. When you called FBI, what information did they ask about you? I 485 WAC number? A #? What is the number you called? Your reply would be appreciated.

Thanks

SGM

WAC 03029*****

Try 304-625-5590 . And they need you A#. explain your situation and ask the status of FP. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Like I said I will wait for another week before calling them. I will post the progress.

sgm

This has been dealt with on this forum many times in the past. The truth is that BCIS may never update your status when they receive your fp results. The thing to do is to call FBI and make sure they sent back the results to BCIS. Once you confirm that don't worry if status doesn't change. Mine never changed after 2nd fp. I did 2nd fp in January 9 2004, there was no status change until i got approved on July 12 2004. Hope this helps to keep you calm :)

lareds said:
I have done my 2nd FP over 2 weeks ago. My wife's results were updated in the status but my message still refers to old FP (over 2 years ago)

I called the FBI and they confirmed that they have sent the results back to CSC the same day of FPing. BCIS customer service do not have a clue about the results. Neither my lawyer was able to help ("I dont work at CSC to know the details" )

Thanks in advance !

------
WAC-02-176
2nd FP done

Do not worry! My case status not updated after 2nd FP. We got approval notices in the mail and did PP stamping. Good luck!

My husband's (Primary applicant) FP is updated today but not mine! LUD has changed and no email.

sgm

My wife got 2nd FP done around 2 weeks ago. The status was updated today. I think you should be fine.

lareds said:

Thanks in advance !

------
WAC-02-176
2nd FP done

I had the same experience. Do not worry you may get your approval letter soon and you may find it in your mail box. We got our approval notices in the mail box.

FP update on website gets delayed..

Probably many 485 applicants got stuck on flooding of recent FP renewal.
I and my spouse got 2nd FPed on July 20th but the website has been yet updated. I called FBI and confirmed that our FP review was completed and sent back to USCIS on the same day.

See what happens..

I called FBI today to find out if my finger print results were sent to BCIS. They confirmed that they did. Then I asked if everything was OK, the answer was that they cannot give that information to me. Is this normal? Was nny body able to get a better answer? Like 'everything was OK or not'?

Your reply would be appreciated

Thanks

SGM

sgm said:
I called FBI today to find out if my finger print results were sent to BCIS. They confirmed that they did. Then I asked if everything was OK, the answer was that they cannot give that information to me. Is this normal? Was nny body able to get a better answer? Like 'everything was OK or not'?

Your reply would be appreciated

Thanks

SGM
That's standard security procedure.
The results would be provided only to the requesting agency (in this case USCIS) --

The reasoning is simple ... lets say for example, your FP marked you as a "wanted" person ... maybe you didn't realize that they have you listed on their systems ....
If you are told that your FP revealed that you are "wanted", what would prevent you from getting the hell out of here ?

So, yeah as long as they say it was sent back, it means the FP was clear and readable and the results were sent back....sit back & relax

Thank you for replying. I don't know what they (BCIS) gaining by making every person that has applied for immigration go through anxious moments for every one of their moves. I hope this madness will end soon for me.

SGM

You need to take your mind of this USCIS mess, take a couple of days off with your husband or wife and relax. Try not to think of this USCIS nightmare, busy yourself with other stuff like visiting friends or inviting them for get together or something, go to the nearby lake or beach or park etc.

Sometime too much priority for this one does not help, it has to happen and will happen for the good, for all you know you might get your approval in a month's time.

Relax and chill out, watch movies or do something you like the most.

Thanks for your words guys! I am glad I have a place to let my frustrations out and not seem stupid!

SGM