Thank you for your input!

applyforcitizen said:
anyone have similar experience?

DO: SFO
PD: 5/2006
FP: 6/2006

No interview letter, very frustrated.

You are almost certainly stuck in the Name Check process.

Do the following:
1. Schedule and InfoPass and find out if you are stuck in the Name Check. Spefically ask the officer if your name check AND secerity check have cleared. Also find out if your file has reached your DO.
2. Contact the FBI to find out if your FP have cleared and that they have sent back the info to USCIS.
3. Write a letter to the DO and wait 1 month for a reply.
4. Contact your Congressman/Senator regarding your case.

Do you have a common name in your opinion?
Was there a problem with the FP Quality ?

i have contacted my congressman, "name check pending", FP was sent to CIS in June, 2006, no problem.

it has been pending for over 6 months, is there any way to get name check done timly? per FBI, 99% name checks are completed in 6 months.

will WOM work?

Thanks a lot!

N400Applier said:

Do the following:
1. Schedule and InfoPass and find out if you are stuck in the Name Check. Spefically ask the officer if your name check AND secerity check have cleared. Also find out if your file has reached your DO.
2. Contact the FBI to find out if your FP have cleared and that they have sent back the info to USCIS.
3. Write a letter to the DO and wait 1 month for a reply.
4. Contact your Congressman/Senator regarding your case.

applyforcitizen said:
i have contacted my congressman, "name check pending", FP was sent to CIS in June, 2006, no problem.

it has been pending for over 6 months, is there any way to get name check done timly? per FBI, 99% name checks are completed in 6 months.

will WOM work?

Thanks a lot!
WOM will work. But involves a lot of time, effort and money. Try your Senator and IfoPass one more time and see what happens. Oherwise WOM it is.

mee too veryyy frustrated

p.d aug 14 2006

f.p aug 2006

no interview

im not sure what to do. wait wait wait

applyforcitizen,

I would be curious to know how many years (approximately) have you been in the U.S. Reason behind it is that I have a hypothesis that name check gets stuck when the records that have been hit are on the paper based filing systems and not the newer electronic based record system. Thus, people who have lived the longest in the U.S. before applying for citizenship can be affected the most. It would be also good to know your answer to the question posted to you earlier about whether you consider your name common or not. However, this might not matter if you happen to have an uncommon name that happens to be common on the interest list in the name check process.

My 2 cents.

We need multiple polls to find if there is a corelationship between various factors. If the polls are anonymous then we may find a better response.
1. Born in middle east/arab/muslim country, w. europe, e.europe, India, China, Africa -vs stuck in name check
2. Green card through -refuge status, employment, marriage vs stuck in name check
3. Religeon - Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Confuscian, other
vs. name check stuck or not
4. Common name vs name check
5. Time in the US 5 yrs, 8 yrs, 10yrs, 12 yrs, more than 15 yrs vs stuck in name check.
6. tiff with law (including traffic tickets) vs name check.

If we see a patern then we know who is likely to get caught in name check. Annecdotally, it is clear that it is not just muslims who are getting caught in this. A series of polls will make it more clearer. Any volunteers to create polls?

Huracan said:
applyforcitizen,

I would be curious to know how many years (approximately) have you been in the U.S. Reason behind it is that I have a hypothesis that name check gets stuck when the records that have been hit are on the paper based filing systems and not the newer electronic based record system. Thus, people who have lived the longest in the U.S. before applying for citizenship can be affected the most. It would be also good to know your answer to the question posted to you earlier about whether you consider your name common or not. However, this might not matter if you happen to have an uncommon name that happens to be common on the interest list in the name check process.

My 2 cents.

My name is not very common, no traffic ticket, EB2 GC, came to US in 1997,
very clean history.

brb2 said:
We need multiple polls to find if there is a corelationship between various factors. If the polls are anonymous then we may find a better response.
1. Born in middle east/arab/muslim country, w. europe, e.europe, India, China, Africa -vs stuck in name check
2. Green card through -refuge status, employment, marriage vs stuck in name check
3. Religeon - Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Confuscian, other
vs. name check stuck or not
4. Common name vs name check
5. Time in the US 5 yrs, 8 yrs, 10yrs, 12 yrs, more than 15 yrs vs stuck in name check.
6. tiff with law (including traffic tickets) vs name check.

If we see a patern then we know who is likely to get caught in name check. Annecdotally, it is clear that it is not just muslims who are getting caught in this. A series of polls will make it more clearer. Any volunteers to create polls?

applyforcitizen said:
anyone have similar experience?

DO: SFO
PD: 5/2006
FP: 6/2006

No interview letter, very frustrated.

I am in a similar boat. And I know of at least 3 others who have applied in San Jose DO are also in similar boat. None of us have a very common first or last name. So, I would say, this is probably not a tremendously worrisome thing even though the wait is a little disappointing.

N400Applier said:
Not necessarily. Both me and my spouse have cleared name check but neither of us have received interview letters even though our priority dates are 5/24/06.

takadigi said:
Not necessarily. Both me and my spouse have cleared name check but neither of us have received interview letters even though our priority dates are 5/24/06.
takadigi,

How exatly did you find out that you cleared Name Check?? Was it at an InfoPass?? Or someone at FBI.

N400Applier said:
takadigi,

How exatly did you find out that you cleared Name Check?? Was it at an InfoPass?? Or someone at FBI.
I found out about name check completion via Infopass. As a matter of fact, on two separate occasions - spaced more than two months - two different Immigration Officers told me the same thing. So, it is unlikely to be a case of oversight.

Well, I have a very common muslim first and last name and have been living in US for more than 10 years.

takadigi,

In both your InfoPass meetings when they told you the name check got cleared, did they give any possible reason(s) for this delay in sending out your interview letter?

Regards.

Sammy

My ESC# is invalid

Hello,

Has anyone experienced this ... when I try the 1800#, or from the USCIS site, my ESC# does not seem to be in USCIS's system, it says that it is an invalid number.

However, for my wife, who had got her interview date, it says as valid #, but no details ... case not longer available (which makes sense that it has been dispatched to the local office - Newark/NJ). However, for me, there is no information.

What do I infer from this about my case. Our dates are as follows :

For both :
PD : 9/22/2006
FP : 11//11/2006

Wife's interview date : 01/29/2007
My status : unknown.

Our GC was through Counselar Processing and EB2 category. Records clean, no tickets, GC receipt date : 11/2001.

While reading the postings, it appears that getting an infopass might help. What is it, and how to obtain one.

Thanks in advance.

samosa1 said:
takadigi,

In both your InfoPass meetings when they told you the name check got cleared, did they give any possible reason(s) for this delay in sending out your interview letter?

Regards.

Sammy
No reason. You may be thinking mine is an isolated case. But in reality this type of delay is not at all uncommon. You probably don't know many people who have been recently going through the naturalization process.

PD 5/18 still waiting IL

I had two InfoPasses and two phone calls with USCIS. At the first InfoPass about 4 months, I was told that everything was okay just waiting for scheduling. It could be any time. During my last InfoPass last week, the lady told me "anytime is possible". The lady at USCIS has issued an inquiry to Nebrasca center. Was told "need up to 45 days to hear back from them....". Very frustrated as I am moving out of the state I filed my application.... Should I contact My Congressmen?

My theory is alphabet sequence of your last name. My friend, whose last name is starting with "G", filed his application in Oct. and got an interview in Jan. His wife filed the same time with a last name starting with "W". Still waiting. Mine, starting with a 'Z? :(

Last edited by a moderator: