FP in a different state ASC

bkosanam

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My wife got the FP notice with San Jose, CA ASC and I got the FP notice in Newark, NJ ASC. This happened may be because I recently moved from California to New Jersey. Even though I called up USCIS to notify the change of address (also sent AR 11), my wife got the notice in CA. Now we live in New Jersey

My question is can she go to Newark, NJ ASC? I did talk to receptionist in the Newark ASC and according to him, it depends on the "Manager". It seems one manager accepts other ASC candidates and the other manager may not.

Her appointment is on Oct-20, I have only about a week to work on this.

Should I inform San Jose, CA ASC about this
or should she simply go to Newark ASC on 20th and attempt to get Fped
or does she need to go to San Jose ASC?

I appreciate any guidance in this regards

Thanks
Babu

looking for same

I am also moved to atlanta...my spouse got FP in Columbus,oh on oct 25th.I am thining of going next week here in Atalnta....lets see..

please share guys...if you have Any experiences like this...!!!

go to the local office

Dont worry. U can simply take the appt. letter and go to the local office. Many have done it in the past and so have I.

I muved from San Jose to Raleigh recently. Got the fingerprinting notice at the old San Jose address (altho. I had filed the AR-11 and called the INS). Somehow came to know and got the letter in hand. Went to the local office in Raleigh. And no one even cared to ask. It seems it made no difference absolutely.

The office folks took the fingerprints and the case also was updated recently that the results of the fingerprints have been received.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the update. I'll go to Newark, NJ ASC and try my luck.

Should I inform San Jose, CA ASC that I am not going to show up for the FP on the scheduled date or not?

Go to any ASC

Same case with me. I had an appointment in a different state but since I am in Orlando on a business trip, I went to Orlando ASC for my FP. In fact, I got mine done today (10/12/2004) only. The security guard just checked my FP notice date and allowed me to go in and same for my spouse. I did not even take any efforts to explain that my appointment is originally in a different state. Once you are in, other guyz do not even check for date and location as long as you have a FP notice with you.

In fact, I also got my Biometric done for my EAD today though its appointment date is in near future. I asked him saying I have EAD biometric appointment later in this month, but can I do it along with my FP. He said that should be fine and got both done.

Later on I asked the security guard (obv when my FP was done), and he explained me saying on the given date you can go to any ASC for finger printing. The only thing that ASC will not allow is early FP. But if u go on same date, any ASC is fine.

Hope it helps....

Thats cooool

bkosanam......So my spouse also having FP in columbus,OH but we moved to Atlanta,GA.

So you are saying go on the same scheduled time in atlanta we are fine,but dont dont go early...right!!?

does not matter ...

You can go at any time. If someone objects u can always appear at the specific date, but the process is taking so long, it is better that u go earlier than later.

And no, u need not inform the CSC abt. where u intend to do ur fingerprinting. Dont worry, it is NO DIFFERENT from appearing at the local office had u not relocated.

Thanks for the update. I'll go on 20-oct and see what happens. I'll update this thread with the results

Thanks!

No Issue

We went to ASC at about 11:30 this morning and got the finger print done within half hour. NO one even botherd to ask about the out of state ASC appointment. THere was no line at all. I think if we can go to any ASC on the scheduled appointment day and time

Thanks

Hi, bkosanam

Hi, bkosanam-

If you did your Fingerprint in the different state than the state where you filed the I-485 application, where the FP result will go to? Will it go to the original Service Center or will it go to the Service Center where your FP was done?

Please share your experience.
Thank you so much.

-April