Fp Experience In Newark

rkhk

Registered Users (C)
I have an appointment in Newark on Thursday morning at 9 for finger printing. How early should I get there? Should I get a token or something and stand in line? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No Title

It depends on the rush on that day, I went at 8 AM and came out by 10.30 AM.They give a form which you need to fillitup and stay in line and they will check your IDS(Driver Licence and Original FP Notice) then will give you the token number.Once your number is called is then the actual time of FP process will not take more than 15 minitues.
Good luck

Kiran

No Title

My appointment was 12pm and I went to there at 9:45. The person at the door did not let me in and told me to come back at 11:45. I went back at 11:45 and fill the form than went to the fingerprint line. At 12:00:15, I was called to the desk. There was a lady to check the form, ID and the notice. After that she gave me the token with number. About 10 min. later, I was called in to take the fingerprint. I was asked to wash my hand. I heard that you may printed with ink or scan but what I saw were all scans. Many parking places around. The one I parked my car charged me 6.95 for whole day but there are cheaper ones.

No Title

I went there, around 10:30 AM. It took us about an hour. They are pretty efficient.

Regards,

A.K. Islam.

No Title

I had appointment at 11 AM. I reached there at 10:20 AM, I was asked to wait and they were letting in those who have 10 AM appointment at that time. At about 10:30 or so they have started letting in 11:00 am appointees. I was done at about 12:45.

No Title

Me and my wife got our FP done today at Newark, this was done on 24 Commerce street, which is different from the main INS office
which is at Broad St. To my surprise everything went on smoothly and before time. Our appointment was at 11:00 AM, and we were there around 10:30 AM. Right away we were given the form to fill out, and that was verified with our identifications a token was given
in 5 minutes our number was called and in 10 minutes it was done and over with. So we were out at 10:55 AM.

There are a lot of private parking lots who charge around $6, this area is in downtown so the parking fees is higher than the main INS building. If we knew it was so quick we could have parked on the street, there is also a street parking available.

Hope this helps

No Title

My appointment is on Friday. Do u live around Edison/Woodbridge? If you do what route did you take?

TIA

No Title

Dan: Yes I live in Woodbridge, take highway 1-N for about 10 -12 miles you will start seeing Newark Airport signs , continue until you see signs for downtown Newark take that don\'t take New York side, look for highway 21 , downtown Newark, then you will go over a bridge and keep on left lane you will see sign for broad street, take broad street ie. make a left and right again ( its a one way street so that is the pattern), keep going straight on Broad street for 3-4 miles until on the right you will see the court house and the federal building( main INS building). If you FP notice says 24 commerce street, continue on broad street until you hit market street, cross market street, the next signal is the commerce street, make left on commerce st. at the signal there is a parking you can park there and walk on commerce street 1/2 block on the left is the INS report centre which does only FPs. You can also find street parking with meters, If your luck is like mine you will be out in 30 minutes.

hope this helps