FP Experience In Atlanta - DISGUSTING

ravioli_21_99

Registered Users (C)
My wife, son, and I all have different fingerprint dates scheduled. My wife's appointment was for this past Saturday, so my son and I went along to see if we could have ours done as well. (to save driving back 2 more times). Well, we were flat out denied. They officer at the door said they only do it by appointment. So I guess we'll wait. Now for the disgusting part.....

It was quite busy there so wait times were well over an hour. (If you want to see bad drivers, go the the USCIS parking lot in Atlanta on a Saturday..sheesh). There was a VERY pregnant lady who had been waiting for quite some time. Her husband went out to get her something to eat (I think it was cookies or something of that nature) and brought it back to the waiting room. Well, I think the officer who works the door was going to have a melt down. He starts yelling at them to get the food out of the building. She replies "sir, I'm diabetic and I need to eat something. It's been so long". He replied "I don't care. Get the food out NOW!" Well she got up to go outside and eat it and as she was walking out he yelled "if your number is called, it's too bad. You lose your place". What an A**HOLE ! You know, you can only hope that the saying "what goes around, comes around" is true. I was so furious. If I didn't think they could somehow jack with my case, I would have said something....the guy is always a prick. Thanks for allowing me to vent. :)

Regards to all

Rav

hey Rav- I totally agree- sounds awful. What a terrible thing to happen. It was many years ago, but I saw the same attitute to a mother with three young kids who were very upset (she had been there for at least three hours as she was there when I arrived) she went out to get snacks and they were told they had to eat it in the corridor- she was trying to stand in the door to hear if her number was called and watch the kids at the same time. These peopel sometimes have no copassion.

sorry to hear you could not FP- that sucks. Good luck to the next time.

But then, some of them are quite compassionate. My wife lost her AP while we were in Canada at my father's funeral. The border guards said that there was no way they'd be letting her in with a copy of the AP. (and stamps in her passport that she had just gone in and out of the States 3 days prior). Anyway, she went to Pearson Airport in Toronto to try, and the USCIS officer there consoled my wife (she was freaking) and promised her that he would get her home. They ended up giving her a humanitarian parole to get back in to the US. We did send a letter to the USCIS complementing the officer on his professionalism. (He even said to my wife "we're not all monsters you know".)

Regards

Rav

PS. Just to complete the story, my wife ended up finding her AP when she got back home. It was mixed up in all of the paperwork that we were doing for my father's estate.

ravioli_21_99 said:
My wife, son, and I all have different fingerprint dates scheduled. My wife's appointment was for this past Saturday, so my son and I went along to see if we could have ours done as well. (to save driving back 2 more times). Well, we were flat out denied. They officer at the door said they only do it by appointment. So I guess we'll wait. Now for the disgusting part.....

It was quite busy there so wait times were well over an hour. (If you want to see bad drivers, go the the USCIS parking lot in Atlanta on a Saturday..sheesh). There was a VERY pregnant lady who had been waiting for quite some time. Her husband went out to get her something to eat (I think it was cookies or something of that nature) and brought it back to the waiting room. Well, I think the officer who works the door was going to have a melt down. He starts yelling at them to get the food out of the building. She replies "sir, I'm diabetic and I need to eat something. It's been so long". He replied "I don't care. Get the food out NOW!" Well she got up to go outside and eat it and as she was walking out he yelled "if your number is called, it's too bad. You lose your place". What an A**HOLE ! You know, you can only hope that the saying "what goes around, comes around" is true. I was so furious. If I didn't think they could somehow jack with my case, I would have said something....the guy is always a prick. Thanks for allowing me to vent. :)

Regards to all

Rav

my exprience during finger print in Atlanta (Buford Hwy area):

I saw and experienced unfriendly manner during FP of my I-485.
the officer just said "move on" without expression on their face. I forgot to fill-up one line and the officer just asked me to show FP notification letter, and by looking at me with mean face, he just filled-up my form ( probably, I'm too dumb to fill-up the form, J/K), without said something he pointed his finger to waiting area, so I just went to the waiting area right away (shhhh, but I was happy, finally got FP).

There was a lady, who grabbed a cake snack for eating ( I guesed , she was hungry, or did not read the big posting " do not bla bla"). unluckily, the officer was passing by from the FP machine to his office inside the building and saw the lady. He just point to the lady to not eat the snack and moving his finger to the exit door ( hickss), The lady just throw away the snack to the trash right away .

BTW, it took almost 2 hours just fingerprint,
I just assume, the officers migh be tired or stressed , because they have only six FP machines ( as I remembered)and sometimes took two times for taking FP as happened to me. And it was around 2PM at that time.

just for sharing
Cheers.

Hi Guys,

I had a nice time in atlanta Office....ya if you go in the morning time it will be too crowded...if you go in the evening after 1.30..its ok.
my spouse only got FP notice and I am not , I asked the officer can i take FP then they took my EAD and made me to give FP...so it was nice for me.

Nimmi said:
Hi Guys,

I had a nice time in atlanta Office....ya if you go in the morning time it will be too crowded...if you go in the evening after 1.30..its ok.
my spouse only got FP notice and I am not , I asked the officer can i take FP then they took my EAD and made me to give FP...so it was nice for me.

When did you do yours? I bet it's sometime last year (before Christmas)

I went there twice around 1-2 trying for early FP, can't do. I don't think they will let you do FP without notice anymore. Or at least after 2-3 month until they move the office and hire 10 more people (was told by manager there)

Atlanta FP Address?

I want to try to give FP in Atlanta although my FP is scheduled in Florida.

Do you think, they will allow me. Please let me know the address of Atlanta address?