FP experience at Newark

arun v

Registered Users (C)
I had my FP done at Newark on 07/29/2000 ( Saturday ). My details are
as follows : PD 12/97, EB3 India, RD 07/99, ND 08/99.
I went around 8.10 am. There is plenty of parking on Commerce blvd and
Mulberry St. On saturday it was free but on week days it is paid ( $8.00 for 2 hours). There is also metered parking but this could be a crunch.

Apparently, the doors were open at 7.50 am. By the time we went there were still about 45 people in the queue. It took us about 20 minutes to get in. As we were in the queue inside the building, the attendent gave us a form to fill in. The details asked were : first name, last name, address, race, color of hair, color of eyes, height, weight, type of application ( I-485 or N-400 ). I left the column on Alien Registration empty.
The attendent then asked us to join a queue which was being attended by 2 receptionists. The wait was another 15 minutes. The receptionist asked for ID. Igave my Drivers licence as well as EAD card. The receptionist filled the INS A# as the alien registration number in the column I had left blank. Then the receptionist asked me to show both my hands. Then, she gave a token with number and asked m to be seated.
It about 20 minutes before my number was called.
I was asked to wash my hands. There are sinks and soap available. I was then seated as the technician added my details into the computer. Then she asked me to keep my fingers loose and scanned my fingers. The image of my prints appeared on the monitor. She then printed out the prints along with my deatils and asked me take it to the "expert" sitting in the middle of the room. She was not satified with one of my prints. She manually took the print of that particular finger and pasted it over the earlier print.
They gave me back the form which I filled out. The form has a stamp giving the date of FP as well as a reference number.
I was out after that.

No Title

Hi:
I had my fingerprinting done at Newark on August 3rd. I called FBI this morning (August 7) and gave them my A# and my name. They were unable to look up my fingerprint results. The lady said this may be because the FPs were probably being submitted manually not electronically. I thought this was strange since they took all my prints using the nifty scanner although they did print out the card. Maybe they submit the card manually and not email the prints to FBI... Any thoughts on this ?

No Title

Hi:

Can you please post the phone number you used to check the status of your FP. TIA