FP Experience at INS Newark, NJ

RCYC

Registered Users (C)
My spouse and me got our Fingerprinting done yesterday at the INS center in Newark (24 Commerce Street).

Case Details:

VSC
Priority Date: 9/29/00
I-485 RD: 9/10/01
I-485 ND: 11/8/01

FP Process:

We had an appointment for 1100 hrs. We took a train to Newark Penn Station and walked the easy 10-minute distance to the center. We were at the door at 1030 hrs.

There are two different lines – one for fingerprinting only and the other for everyone else. We filled up a simple form (all the basic info. and your A# from the FP notice) and joined the line. There was one person ahead of us. (Although there were 35-40 people sitting in the waiting area for fingerprinting).

The clerk in front of the line looked at the FP notice and checked our IDs (we took our passports plus some other IDs but she ONLY checked the passports), and gave us different (wait in line) numbers.

We took our number and sat down in the waiting area. They were fingerprinting people at a fast clip as there are about 7-8 computerized fingerprinting stations. Our turn came in 15 minutes. By 1110 hrs. the whole process was done and we were out the door.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Directions to 24 Commerce St.

Walk out of the Penn Station Building (the exit behind the Information desk - in the main waiting hall) and make a right.

Walk to the corner and make a left (you are on Market Street).

Walk two blocks straight up and get to Mulberry Street. Make a left and you\'ll hit Commerce Street. Make a right on Commerce St.

Walk about half a block and you\'ll see the INS center to your left.

No Title

Halo,

Did they ( INS Newark) keep the original FP notification with them?.
In my case They took the original notification.

Thanks

Hai

Yes, they did.

The operator that takes your prints, puts the date and their initial and returns the form you filled up initially at the door.

That is your proof of getting your fingerprinting done on the appointment date.