FP done - where does it go??

chola

Registered Users (C)
Folks:

I had my FP done at Raleigh, NC, this morning.
1) The FP was done on paper and not electronic. I am assuming it will be scanned later.
2) As I was getting ready to leave, I asked the lady where the FP goes and she said "SBI" (State Bureau of Investigations) and NOT "FBI". I asked her again and she said thats the procedure.

This office called the "CCBI" (City County Bureau of Identification) does all kinds of ID checks for criminal and other investigations. There were guys waiting for FP to get hand-gun license.

Gurus, I am a little concerned about the fact that she was going to send the FP to SBI and not FBI. Anybody hear anything like this?? Maybe, the SBI will channel the FP to the FBI.

Any thoughts appreciated.
thx
chola

Good question

I did FP in Raleigh, Wake county's DDBI as well on Jan. 14. I checked online status, nothing changed. I called INC TSC, they did not see the FP received.

I called the DDBI, they said they sent it to INS. Need to find out what is going on.

Thanks.

Yellow Knight

I did the FP last Tuesday(1/21), eariler than scheduled date. Just I walked in CCBI, downtown of Raleigh. As of today, nothing changed on INS Online status. When (and How) can we verify whether it is sent to the INS or not? INS or FBI?

Hi Guys,

I did my FP on 1/11, earlier than the scheduled date. I called FBI a week later and they mentioned that they processed my FP on the same day that I did it and forwarded it to the INS

MY AVM or website message has still not changed.

The number to call FBI is 304-625-5590

Is there anyone out there who did their FP in Jan 2003 and have gotten the AVM or the website message to reflect that INS received the FP??? it would be nice to know

thanks

FBI says that they sent info to INS

I had done my FP on 1/13/03 at Raleigh nc.

I called FBI and found out that FBI received and sent the results back to INS on 1/21/03.

But both AVM and Online is not updated yet.