FP done – Which step is correct?

Vivek_2002

Registered Users (C)
1. FP done at INS-ASC ---------------> INS-VSC------------------>FBI-FP Check
                                                                            FBI-FP Check---------------> INS-VSC ( FP Rcvd Resumed)

Thanks in advance!

-Vivek

Hi 485ND0921, Just curious !!!

My RD is 7/6/01 and FP scheduled for 4/9/02 (late FP) But I have done early FP on 3/12/02. I am in CA (Bay area) Will my case be treated along with all other July Filers who done their FP long back (early in Nov and Dec’ 01).

don\'t worry.....it will be treated the same way as other july filers...

maybe because of some stupid computer FP scheduling mistake..you got your FP late.....but you should be fine......

keep your fingers crossed for the approval date......

take care.....

No Title

FP is pre-requisite. Early FP doesn\'t mean early approval. I guess as long as you are done with ur FP around the time when INS is processing apllications with same month\'s RD/ND as of yours, you should be OK. I dont think because of late FP you are going to lose much time.

Late FP might delay Approval in certain cases.

Certainly early FP does not help in getting early approval but it looks to me if they are already processing July cases and if we do our FP few days back there may be chance that it might take few more weeks extra to get your approval.

I heard that usually INS takes some times 2 months on case by case to get feed back from FBI/CIA (They send feed back only if something is wrong otherwise nothing will be sent). But we do see lots of cases disregarding this rule.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Watch Dog. You meant to say FBI/CIA would not send FP feedback to every case OR INS will

Thanks Watch Dog. You meant to say FBI/CIA would not send FP feedback to every case OR INS will not ask FP feedback from FBI/CIA for every case. If this is true, at what basis the INS will approve all other cases? Also could you please tell me which one of the above step is correct?

To Vivek_2002.

I meant to say that FBI/CIA would not send FP feedback unless something wrong with your background but INS guys usually wait for some time(not really sure may be max. 2 months) to see if there is anything comes from FBI/CIA.

FBI/CIA were not enforced to send feedback for all the cases or some cases and this is at FBI/CIA discretion.So we really don\'t know 100% how this really works between like any other issue with INS.

Don\'t take my views as std. procedure and i may be totally wrong.

Hope your case proves me wrong.

Can you just call FBI to see if your case is cleared or not?

If yes, what number should we call?