FP date on a holiday???

Amy Kellogg

Registered Users (C)
Hello All:

I finally got my FP notice but, it is scheduled for November 25th. That is the day after thanksgiving and i am not sure if USCIS will be open - every one seem to have 2 days off for thanksgiving. How do I find out if they are open that day? And how do I get the dates changed if they are closed?

thanks for your help.

Amy

Amy~

Good to see that you got your notice. I had my FP one day earlier than scheduled. Just walk in and told them I wont be available that date and they process it no question asked. I went to Grand Rapids Support Office. I am not sure where you have to report but I think you can come a day or so earlier , rather than rescheduling it because of the holiday...

Also have your husband ask them when he reports for his fingerprinting (he is schedule ahead of you right?) By then the USCIS people may know if they are closed or whatever they may suggest.

Good luck!

Some places have official thanksgiving holiday on Thursdays ONLY and are open for business on Friday (day after thanksgiving).

As others have posted that they got their FP done before the scheduled date, you may want to try and go there with your spouse on his scheduled date and see if you can get your FP done the same day as well.

My FP was done at Newark NJ on a saturday.

Amy

Govt. offices remain opened unless it is a federal holiday. 25th of November is a working day, so I don’t understand why you are thinking otherwise. Just because this day falls next to Thanksgiving Day, doesn’t mean that it would be a holiday for govt. officials. Don’t mingle govt. holidays with holidays of private sectors. Besides, when USCIS arranges any interview, they usually don’t make mistake.

Hi there!!!!!!
I got my fingerprinting scheduled for the same date , Nov 25th. Since USCIS ASC is right across the street where I live I walked in today and asked about them doing fingerprints on Nov 25th. I was told that they are operating absolutely normaly since ONLY 24th (Thanksgiving) is a holiday. A lot of companies (incl. mine) "bridge" Thanksgiving using Friday with following weekend so their employees can enjoy 4 days off. It does not apply to government agencies , for them Friday, Nov 25th is a regular working day unless thay CAN take off using their personal (or vacation) day, but offices have to be staffed operationaly (according to a friend of mine who is a government employee)

Thanks for the reply y'all. I was getting worried. I did not realize 11/25 is not a Govt. holiday.

I was going to go to the Detroit office with my spouse anyway (about 2 weeks before mine) so, I'll try to get it done - if they let me.

Amy