FP completed today/ bad feeling

Greencardream

Registered Users (C)
I had my fingerprints taken today in the Wheaton, MD processing center.

What a horrible experience -- the people there did not appear qualified and could barely communicate in English.

They had a lot of trouble taking my finger prints -- finally the supervisor came over and said "we can read them, but I'm not sure the FBI will be able to. The worst that could happen is that the FBI will reject them" -- she said this in the most flippant and unfeeling way imaginable.

As if I had not wasted my youth and lost faith in my dreams waiting for this greencard. I have endured years of separation from my family, an intolerable job, unexplainable delays and so much heartache....

The worst that could happen is more delays and more waiting...

My question to this forum is if my fingerprints are rejected and I have to re-do them, how long does it take for the FBI to let you know? How do they contact you? Do they call you or send you a letter? If by some miracle they are approved by the FBI -- how long will it take for them to notify me?
Also what does "LUD" mean? How are people checking on their fingerprints on line? PLEASE help ... any information is appreciated...

Hi Greencardream,

Were your FPs taken on paper or by the computerized stations (optical scan machines) used now at some (most?) ASCs? In the case of the computerized stations, the quality of the print is assessed on the spot (with "Pass"/"Warning" message on the screen).

LUD means "last update date". Anytime USCIS works on your file or enters new data, the LUD on your application changes. After FP receipt, the LUD on your I485 will change to the date FPs were done.

You can check the status of your FPs by calling the FBI fingerprint status number, (304) 625-2000. Have your A# ready and they will tell you when the FP results were sent back to the USCIS. Also see this thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=172133

Dear fsc

Thanks for responding -- based on the info you provided I created a profile on the USIC website -- and checked my LUD

In response to your question, my fingerprints were taken by computer --

I guess I will keep checking to see if they were rejected by the FBI b/c they are not clear or unreadable? The supervisor said that even though they could read them at the site the FBI might not be able to. If that is the case- do you know how fast the FBI let me know that they are defective?

Thanks SO much for your response.

Greencard, your experience is all too familiar, when my wife and I were doing our FP's in Louisville, our attendants were rude and only concerned about the time they had left till the end of their day. The only positve note was that our FP's cleared in three weeks after the visit.

Dear corr@john
Thanks for your reply. I hope that I am as lucky as you were with your FPs-- how long did it take for USCIS to contact you after the FBI approved your FP? Was that the "three weeks" you mentioned above? Did you also have trouble taking the digital FPs?

Hi fsc:

I got few warning messages while fp. what it means ? does it delay the approval ?

Did any one got similar messages while fp.

Thanks

Yes -- nearly all of mine said "warning match found" -- the computer is saying that the individual finger print matches the one that is part of the whole hand print. It doesn't mean anything -- they don't actually check to see if your fingerprints were linked to a crime at the service center -- all of that happens at the FBI -- so you don't need to worry. I had just about the worst finger print experience -- I had to redo them so many times and I was SURE they would get rejected by the FBI for being unreadible -- but as you can see I was approved in 2 days -- You'll be fine.

When you called FBI, did they say that your FPs were good or readable. Bcoz I called them abt my FPs 3 or 4 times, they just said we received your FPs, processed them and sent to USCIS same day. But they did not say whether the FPs were good or bad, even when I asked. They said they cannot give that info. Even my LUD changed a couple of times after that, but message never changed to FPs received. I too had lot of match warnings and the lady who took FPs told that they might be rejected. After 2 months I got a 2nd notice. I have to give them again. So basically we cannot ignore the match warnings and depend on LUD changes.

Greencardream said:
I had my fingerprints taken today in the Wheaton, MD processing center.

My question to this forum is if my fingerprints are rejected and I have to re-do them, how long does it take for the FBI to let you know? How do they contact you? Do they call you or send you a letter? If by some miracle they are approved by the FBI -- how long will it take for them to notify me?
Also what does "LUD" mean? How are people checking on their fingerprints on line? PLEASE help ... any information is appreciated...

Call FBI and ask them if the FP was readable. FBI generally send the results to USCIS in a day. If FP was not readable by FBI, they will communicate to USCIS and then USCIS will re-schedule your FP (and not FBI). Getting re-schedule notice may take a month or so and most likely sent by the local ASC where you went for FP and not from Vermont service center.

Louisville, KY

corr@john123456 said:
Greencard, your experience is all too familiar, when my wife and I were doing our FP's in Louisville, our attendants were rude and only concerned about the time they had left till the end of their day. The only positve note was that our FP's cleared in three weeks after the visit.

Dear corr@john,
I received a FP notice with scheduled appointment for June 29th at Louisville. Do you think I can go earlier than scheduled? How can I find out if I can go earlier?
Thanks, Ellada