FP - Code 3

FP code 3

wheretogo said:
I got FP and given early. they took only Finger Print. Is that OK ? I have code 3.

Even i have code 3.the first day they took only my finger prints,the next day i went and asked for code 3 they told me am fine.what ever is necessary has been done.

i called FBI,they told me my FP has been cleared on the same day and sent to ins but i haven't seen any LUD.

I called ins and told them about my problem with code3,she told me 'may be you are fine ,if at all they need it they will send you notice in mail again,other than that i am fine'

I called my lawyer ,she told me for your kind of case doesn't need biometrics and you are fine.

HOPE iam fine as everybody says.

Minicooper.

online Message changed today

I have code 3 and they took only FP. After 1 week, My online message changed
====================================
On DATE , the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
===================================

Am I FINE ?

THanks,

wheretogo said:
I have code 3 and they took only FP. After 1 week, My online message changed
====================================
On DATE , the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
===================================

Am I FINE ?

THanks,

I think you should be fine.If at all they need your biometrics ,they would have sent you notice.You gave me a good relief.

thanks,
Minicooper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a code 3. first day they did just the fingerprinting. But after a couple of days, a lady from the center called me and asked me to come for taking picture and signature. So I had to go twice. After taking the picture, they signed the finger print notice and returned to me, along with the usual receipt.

craver said:
I had a code 3. first day they did just the fingerprinting. But after a couple of days, a lady from the center called me and asked me to come for taking picture and signature. So I had to go twice. After taking the picture, they signed the finger print notice and returned to me, along with the usual receipt.

thats interesting...atleast they are nice to call you back and complete the entire process. Just curious to know, Which ASC is this?

what is code 3?

what is code 3 ? and they didnt return the original notice back to me and thats what I've heard they do to others as well so Im a lil surprised

It was at San Diego ASC. Dont they give the notice back to you? I am not sure because I am new to this. This is my first finger print experience.

Code 3 - Biometrics

Folks,

We did our FP (aka Biometrics) recently and I had Code 3 on the notice. All ten finger prints were taken and once cllected the manager for the group came and visually verified for the correctness for the fingerprints and again the Right Hand Index finger print was taken (yes second time) and a digital signature + Digital photo was taken.

For those who had Code 3 and just submitted finger prints I recommend you please go back to the center and complete the process. Just don't get into any unwanted situations like case being held for not having the Photo and Signature.

TIA
I'm not an attorney, just a member like you.

I had my FP done on 25th Feb still no LUD. I had a code 3 but they only took FP. Do I need to go back to the same INS office for the remaining stuff to be done or am I fine?

palaceofhyd said:
I had my FP done on 25th Feb still no LUD. I had a code 3 but they only took FP. Do I need to go back to the same INS office for the remaining stuff to be done or am I fine?

I think you should go and complete the remaining process. Otheriwise it may delay your approval unnecessarily because USCIS might send another FP notice to complete Biometrics.

Today I went back to INS and finished the biometrics part of FP.

I have shown them my receipt and explained them that i have code 3 and need to give FP, Digital Photo, Digital Signature and Index finger prints. On 25th of feb I just gave FP and missed out the remaining. They said it's fine and took the remaining stuff.....

Thank you very much Apollo for your suggestion.........

palaceofhyd said:
Today I went back to INS and finished the biometrics part of FP.

I have shown them my receipt and explained them that i have code 3 and need to give FP, Digital Photo, Digital Signature and Index finger prints. On 25th of feb I just gave FP and missed out the remaining. They said it's fine and took the remaining stuff.....

Thank you very much Apollo for your suggestion.........

Its good to know that they agreed and completed the remaining stuff. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Good Luck.