FP code 3 means faster approval indication?

I was told the same by the ASC person who took my cose 2 FP on july 9TH that this picture is for your GC but surprisingly I received another FP notice couple of days back with code 1 for October 14TH. I don't know what happened. It's only 3 months I had my last FP taken why again????? Really frustrated.

Quick question to all guys with FP notices

Did all of you have FP notices with specific code mentioned on it? I don't know if you guys are aware but all cases (for 485) have a remark to set up an appointment for FP with no code mentioned on it on the receipt notice!!

My wife just received her FP code3 notice. Can I assume this has passed the FBI name check process? Typically, how long does it take to receiving her GC in the mail?

I just finished my bio code2..Is there any light at the end of tunnel?

Can we predict if this is for the final GC?

swas said:
I and my wife just did FP on code 3 on 7/22 in Newark. There was no picture taken . Is there something wrong?

Also I see LUD change on my wifes 485 as 7/26 is that means FBI check is completed?

I dont see any change on my case.

Sometimes, the service guy made mistake between code 1 and code 3. I bet your wife did not confirm with them that the appoitment is for code 3.

We just did code 3 fp few weeks ago. First, they mistake and just take 10 fingers. I have to tell them, then they did everything for code 3.

NO Biometrics for 6 year old???

Hi
Can some one tell if my 6 year son needs biometrics? If it is required what should I do? My son did not get any FP notice.

My wife and me finished FP code 3 on 11/16/05.

NIW TSC (India) Concurrent Sept 05.
I 140 approved
I485??
FP 3 done
AP : Not applied
Work permit: approved

cherr1980 said:
ASC 2 means biometrics, ASC 3 means biometric and FP and ASC 1 I think is only FP.
Many of the codes differs from each other because it depends in what status you get in or you are and when you apply too.

It is my understanding the biometrics consist in a digital picture and a signature (with specific digital features).

On the Notice of Action appears a different ASC for each application it is my understanding...

FBI checks are two types: fingerprinting check and name check.
The first one is the FP check, is made within 48 hours. Then your EAD should be approved. It is very interesting the one who received an EAD with "FP not available", your AOS is base in what? employment?

The name check is done during your AOS is in process, some people have it done by the interview time or some are stuck until the name got clearance from FBI. Since 9/11 if you don't have a name clearance you don't get your GC card even an officer (in an interview or other situation) tell you that everything is in rule.

Good luck,
Cherr1980,

How much time generally it take for FBI name check (security check), if it takes more than six months, is there any way we can followup? if yes, what is the procedure?

With Rgs
GS05