FP code 1, have already given code 1,2,3 before

GCDream05

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am pending AOS since 2+ years now and have done FP 3 times before this so far, code 1, 2 and 3. Today after 15+ months from my last FP i got a notice to get code 1 done. Is this normal? Is that that my FP expired? why didn't they for code 3?
Do i need to check up anything please suggest. Thanks

Code 1 , code 2 and Code 3.
Code 1 = 10 fingers. I might misstate it, but it has been answered in this same forum recently.

Approval depends upon 485 RD and Priority date. FP expires after 15 months. To keep your file active at FBI they will reissue FP.
SKDV

That part i'm a lil familiar, i don't know the differences between code 1,2,3. Does anyone know?

Hi Maltu ,

Just basic info :

Code 1 : ( 10 fingerprints taken - after you apply for I485 - first FP notice );
Code 2 : ( Photo and index FP taken - after you apply for EAD's or AP- i think );
Code 3 : ( Photo , 10 fingerprints taken , signature and index FP , posible - when your I485 is ready for aproval )

This is just basic info , but may be some few exceptions at these rules !!!
Hopefully this will help you understand !!!

Regards,
ghebauer

Thanks a lot, that was helpful!

Hi Maltu ,

Just basic info :

Code 1 : ( 10 fingerprints taken - after you apply for I485 - first FP notice );
Code 2 : ( Photo and index FP taken - after you apply for EAD's or AP- i think );
Code 3 : ( Photo , 10 fingerprints taken , signature and index FP , posible - when your I485 is ready for aproval )

This is just basic info , but may be some few exceptions at these rules !!!
Hopefully this will help you understand !!!

Regards,
ghebauer

OK the FP expiring in 15 months thing- can anyone share more info. My wife is out of country, its has been 15 months since last FP. She got a FP notice but since she is out and not coming back till MAY, i have asked to reschedule her FP after MAY. So, when she is back it would be 18 months since last FP. Will there be any issue? anyone with similar problem please share experience.
Thanks.

Probably close the file at FBI, and reopen the file once they receive the finger print . Once u give finger print it will become active once again

Can anyone explain, please. If they already have taken BIO 3 that means they have your fingerprints. Why they need another appointment? Why would they close the case? And if your status says that fingerprint review completed, does it mean that the new one will take another three years?