FP- Can I take later if I receive when I am out of here? Thanks

r2b

Registered Users (C)
Hi
    VSC( RD: 6/30/01; ND:9/24/01 )

1. Planning for vacation, If I receive FP notice when I am not here, What will happen and do I have chance to do it later?
    2. My family will be out for 5 months, so, when they are not here, if they receive, do I need to call them here immediately to take FP?
       or can they do it even after 5 months?
    3. what is the allowed time to take FP if some one misses first time?

Thanks

r2b

Similar situation

Hi ,
RD june 2000
I-485 - NSC
  I am in a similar situation. The only difference being that I was fingerprinted on Jan 2001. It is rejected. So I was told by the IIO that I will receive a notice from Detroit.
I will be gone for 3 months. So please let us know what woul;d happen if we get a FP notice ????

Your attorney can help.

I\'m also kind of on the same boat as you guys are.

Basically I\'m vacating my apartment when I\'m gone on vacation. I\'ll be back only after a couple of months. Forwarding mails to a mailbox doesn’t really work as these mails are marked as "return service requested"

My attorney suggested that he\'ll receive a courtesy copy and he can notify me once he receives that.

There are few options that we discussed (applicable only if you are vacating your living address)

1. Give a change of address to INS (probably your friend’s address) and expect the notice to be sent to the new address. Usually this may not work, as INS is not good in updating their records.

2. These days FP notice are sent 3 months in advance (can some one confirm on this). Assuming that you can ask USPS to hold your mails until you come back from vacation. But the issue here is USPS will hold mails only for a max of 1 month.

3. Ask your attorney to notify you when he receives a courtesy copy. If the date is too close to your departure date to US, you can ask him to reschedule and then start your way back to US. By the time when you reach US you should have the second notice (with the attorney). Take the copy from attorney and INS shall acknowledge, attorney certified copies.

Any other suggestions welcome. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Prakash
RD:5-Jul-2001
ND:27-Aug-2001
iEAD:9-Oct-2001
EAD: ?
FP: ?
EB2/CSC

yes you can

yes you can. i asked for it to be postponed by a month, and they postponed it by two months. the fp notice has a section which you can use to postpone