FP before shedule in Oakland doesn\'t work

ll

Registered Users (C)
I tried this moring for my wife\'s early FP in Oakland, it was denied.

RD: 03/09/2001
ND: 03/29/2001
EB2, WAC01-144-xxxxx

I got my FP notice on July 15, was scheduled on 8/9/2001. I did my FP on 7/31/2001 (one week early, because I had travel schedule conflict).

But my wife didn\'t get her FP notice untill 2nd fax inquire was sent. FP notice received 8/24/2001, scheduled 10/11/2001. Funny thing is I got another FP notice scheduled on same date.

We went Oakland INS support center this moring and fill in the form but at the last minute, they refused to do FP and point out that it\'s too early. And ask us to do FP follow the schedule date, and if we can\'t make it, just request reschedule. Also the supervisor told us, if it\'s 1 or 2 weeks early with resonable reason, they will do it, otherwise they will deny to do it.

So it looks like INS Oakland doesn\'t like early FP, if you could get through, you are luck.

Share with you my experience, as I found plenty of useful information here.

l_l

I feel lucky that I went to San Jose instead of Oakland.

You might want to give San Jose a try. Come in the afternoon time. I believe the load is lighter at that time.

Did you redo yours?

I believe it\'s new rule at Oakland office since I did my FP on 7/28 w/o problem almost one month ahead of schedule date.

Here is the clue...

Rule of thumb...dont go in the morning...
go sometime between 1 and 2..so u can talk to the guard one on one and request..