FP at Oakland.. Carry your EAD card with you.

fpfinally

Registered Users (C)
I did my 2nd FP at Oakland early (appointment date 1/28/2004). I was in at 1:10 PM and out by 2:00 PM. There were just 4 people including me. They asked for my EAD card. I had carried my passport and EAD card just in case. Came in handy.

Another 15 months of wait ahead of me..:D :D

fpfinally,

They didn't [oakland officers] ask you any question on your early appearence?

Re: fpfinally,

Originally posted by tk_tk
They didn't [oakland officers] ask you any question on your early appearence?

They did ask questions.

The girl at the door looked at my notice and the appointment date was 1/28/2004. She said I was early. I said it would help me a lot if I did my FP today. She asked if I am going to be travelling. I said I usually travel to New York at short notice. She said that she needs to get approval. She went upstairs and came back and gave me a token and a form to fill and said I could do it today.

The people at Oakland center are nice. One of them wished me a happy new year. The supervisor(lady) who validated my finger prints said "Nice and clear prints" with a smile.

They were nice when I did my first FP in April 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
The person at the front door asked whether I am traveling. I said yes. Then he called the upstairs and asked whether an early appointment can be accommodated and the person on the otherline said yes and we were in. We did three weeks before our scheduled appt.

If you have a child, take the child with you so that they allow you and your wife to do at the disability counter downsstairs. You can come out very fast.

Thanks fpfinally

I was planning to take only my passport and driving license along with the FP notice. Now I will take my EAD card too

I went to the SF application center for my fingerprint last month. They also asked for my EAD card. It was good that I brought it along. The wait was very short. I was given a token in less than 1 minute of wait. They called my number before I started filling out the form.

I did my 2nd FP yesterday in San jose. My appt. is on 01/28/04 at Oakland but I was allowed in San jose office and it was pretty fast. I spent just 10 mins there.
Looks like, they are allowing anybody who has an appt. letter in any ASC.
Try to carry EAD card if u are working, otherwise carry atleast 2 IDs (Passport and Driver License or ...) just in case.