FP: Appear within 80 days???

W-For-GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was told by the clerk in the ACS in Harlem, IL that one needs to appear for finger printing within 80 days of the date in the finger print notice before the application is considered abandoned.

The clerk wrote in my FP notice the new date and noted my A# saying that he'd update the records.

Does anyone know anything about the validity of this statement? I found the whole process too simple to believe.

The date currenly assigned to me does not work and I have to either appear earlier or after that date. I went to the ASC where I was given this piece of information.

Any clarification would help.

Thanks

Appear earlier

You can appear earlier to the FP, without any appointment. You can just walk-in to the INS center and they will surely accept it.

I just got my 2nd notice, 19 months after I did them the first time. The date is 31st December and I am away on Christmas Vacation, there is a spot to write if you can't make it. I think that is what I shall do.

Postponement of FingerPrinting Appoinment

Have you or anyone you know postponed a finger printing appointment while AOS(I-485) is pending? If you have could you please share your experience?
Do you have to send the Original notice back to get a postponement scheduled?

Thank you

My experience

Me and my wife got our fp notices for a date that we would not have been able to make so I rescheduled by selecting the next available saturday (I had two choices either the next available wednesday or saturday) we sent back the ORIGINAL notices (registered mail with return receipt) to the address given in the notice , within a week we received the same notices with a new date (the old date was crossed out XXXXXX) , but we still would not have been able to make the new date so we sent back the same notices again asking for a reschedule (registered mail with return receipts) but this time we did not get any mail from the BCIS/ASC , I asked our lawyer and she said that we can take the receipts(we and also our attorney got our fp notices) that she had with her and just walk in and thats what we did. The people at the ASC were very friendly and helpful they took our fps without any problems even though the scheduled date in the notice that we got from our attorney had the original date(in the past).
I would advice anybody reschduling to either go to the ASC and request a new date or to send in a small note along with the reschedule request. Keep your green return receipts for your records.
After some 20 days that online status for our 485s changed, now it says that processing has resumed in our cases earlier it used to say that BCIS has sent our fp notices.

Hope this helps
-jd
140,485,131,765 - ND Sept 2003 at TSC