FP and Processing precedures in VSC

No Title

I do not believe that there are two separate groups handling the cases. My theory is simple...Between Aug 99 and Mar 00, everyone was current. Therefore FP was being initially issued for applicants whose PDs later retrogressed. When INS (Vermont) realized the problem, they stopped sending out FPs for Indian and Chinese Nationals whose RD/ND happened to fall in the above time frame. A determination was made to mail out FPs only when the case was ready for adjudication.

However, this could potentially be a bottleneck for people applying after Mar\'00 (Not all PDs were current). Therefore anybody applying after Mar\'00 were issued FP notices. This probably was a step to ensure that when it is time to adjudicate cases filed after Mar\'00, it could be done quickly without any delay (FP would already have been done and approved).

No Title

I just spoke with IIO, she told me that FP has nothing to do with approval, they are processing 10/99 cases, my ND is 07/00 and FP was done in 11/00, there will be about 10 more months to go. very disappointed ...

No Title

FP does have something to do with approval. If you dont have the FP or expired, your case is not going to be looked at, and approval or evne denied.

No Title

I meant to say FP done early does not mean we will get approval soon (for my kind of cases), approval goes by ND date. I\'m EB2, others, RD: 06/00, ND: 07/00, FP:11/00.

No Title

I agree with your assessment of the situation. VSC messed up the situation by issuing FP notices to people even when their PDs were not current raising false expectations among them as to the approval of their cases just because their FPs were done. These were primarily Aug 99 and some Sep 99 NDs. However, we have to understand the mechanism of allottment of visa numbers that is done by National Visa Center (NVC) under the Dept. of State. They will only allow a visa number to be allotted to someone whose Priority Date (PD) is current - whether he chooses to use the 485 route or do Consular Processing. Thus started the current process of VSC - going by RD/ND while issuing FP notices for Oct 99 - Mar 00 cases, and only adjudicating by 485 Notice Date which is a FAIR process under the circumstances.

No Title

My RD and ND are 08/2000 and 09/2000. I did my FP on Dec 26th of 2000. I spoke with IIO today to find out whether they received my FP File. He said they received the file and everything is fine with it. He also mentioned that I should be hearing from them by end of March. Then I asked him, are they going to adjudicate my 485 case by then. He said, right now we are processing Oct\'99 cases and we are lagging with 485 so going to catch-up in next couple of months. So by another 6 months my case will be definately completed. I have no idea why he said in the beginning that I should be hearing it by end of march. The statement is so contradictory, but one thing he mentioned is that VSC is behind in processing 485 and they are trying to catch-up. How it affects to us is not sure.
My openioin on this is even if they start a new procedure to process, we should be benefiting it. Waiting for 485 process is like paying a bill for our grocery. So if they open a new counter for processing, some people will benefit. The end result is they are trying to speed up the process, that is what should matter to us.
Let us hope for the best to all of us.
Please dont take anything negative who has not yet received the FP (between Oct and Mar), it is just my openion that even if they start a new counter for the cases beyond Mar\'2000 it should not matter, they are just trying to speed-up the procees, so taht everybody should be getting the approval in another couple of months here and there.
Thanks,
Karri.