FP and i140 together,plz advice

Chubber Singh

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
I have been surfing the forum last 1 year or so but never posted any Q.
I have a question today though, hope to get some knowledge from you
folks.

My i-140 and i-485 was filed on spe 26 2003 from Vermont Center.
It is EB3 Labor Substitution case.

My EAD got approved on Dec 2003 and AP on Feb 2004.

My I-140 got Approved on Sep 28th 2004.

Now here is my question, y'day I got FP notice, Notice is issued on Sep 29th, that is next
day to my approval.

My understand was that normally , if you have not got FP before i-140 is approved then you
get it 3,4 months after Approval, to be honest with you, I though that I-140 and FP
are 2 different things as I-140 and I-485 forms are with 2 different officer.

Having got the FP next day as I-140 gives me optimistic hope that my i-140 and i-485 are
with same officer, you may actually this scrap this though right away, I may be completly
wrong and getting this FP might be a coincident only.

But if you folks buy this thought of on offricer having both applications, do you folks think that
my case may get approved faster after FP is done.

I was about to say "Yes" for marriage to a gal who is in india, plan was to get married in march as I thought 485 will take another 18 months or so and according to my knowledge, I can file AOS
for my Partner any day before mine gets approved, not do you guys seriously think that I must reconsider my decision, I do not want to play with some one's life by saying "Yes" and not able
to fullfill my commitment.

I REQUEST YOU FOLKS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS DISCUSSION AND SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH ME, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME.

thanks a lot

Classic example of how the GC process dominates a person's life.

Yes there is a possibility that the same officer is handling your case... but its a big gamble and left to your own speculation.

I am not sure what you expect from 'others' on this? This is your life decision and you need to make it? You take a stand and face the consequences.

Personally I feel u need to take a stand here rather than gathering opinions.

my .02
dyno

Come on man, don't be so selfish. Why do you have to depend on other people for your personal things. Get over it and move on. :mad:

Hello Chubber,

If I were in your situation, I will go right away and get married since my I-140 is cleared!! I dont know what are you waiting for??!!!??! :) You have EAD, AP and I140 cleared, get married, you both go to good place to enjoy your I-140 approval (dont forget to apply for her I-485 before that)!!

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE WAITING TILL MARCH TO GET MARRIED?? YOU ARE NOT ON H1 ANYMORE.... ARE FREE TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS... ACT LIKE A HERO!!

From what I know, if you get married after getting your 485 approval, you won't be able to bring your wife here immediately, there's a long wait. So it's best for you to get married asap and apply for her 485. Check with your attorney too.

thx joyd,

Only thing I wanted to ask you guys was that since my FP notice was issued next day to my i-140 approval, does it mean that same person has both applications and if yes then would that mean that they may approve i-485 in next 2, 3 months?

I guess I did not present my self in best way.

My attorny looks bit confused abt this, he says it might be a co incident that FP notice was issued next day to i-140 approval but if not then I don't know.

I can also say that "I don't know", why need attorny for that!!!

thx