Found lost CG after applying for replacement.What should i do?

paracha3

Registered Users (C)
I lost my wallet along with my GC, filed police report didnt find it for 2 weeks. I applied I-90 (Replacement for lost GC) and paid $260 fee. A week later i got letter from USCIS that my application is in processing. Later the same week police found my wallet with GC.

Now i know even if i cancel my I-90 application, they would not return my money but atleast i want to avoid the hessle of getting fringer printed and save time.

What i want to know is what do they cancel your old GC in the system the moment you report it being lost (like Driver license or credit card)? If that is the case, then the system at the immigration booth might reject my card the next time i enter USA and i certainly dont want that. I want to keep my found GC and dont need to get a new one. Please help, give me suggestion if you have been thru this or know.

Thanks
paracha3

I once lost my GC & got a replacement. Then found the old one when I moved to a new house. You get a reciept or apt letter for your next bio, this letter will let you leave the country to canada or mexico by car. Your old card never gets replaced cause it has the same alien # but if you dont wanna go thru the process again just dont go to your apt but if your old card is nearing expiration might as will go. hope this helps. PS: If you get a new card, destroy the old one immidiatly. :)