Found Green Card

eddie_240

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I found this lady's green card on the sidewalk any idea what would be the address for the USCIS I could send it back to.

Thanks

Ed

eddie_240 said:
Guys,

I found this lady's green card on the sidewalk any idea what would be the address for the USCIS I could send it back to.

Thanks

Ed
I think you should give it to police.

eddie_240 said:
Do you think they will be able to track the person.
Usually USCIS requires the concerned individual to report the lost/stolen green cards to the local police station and file a copy of the police report for issue of new or duplicate documents. This enables the police to turnover the lost green card to the right person as soon as he reports to the police.

I gave the card to one of the patrol cars they took my info down and said they will takecare of it. I hope the cops can trace the lady and give her the card.

eddie_240 said:
I gave the card to one of the patrol cars they took my info down and said they will takecare of it. I hope the cops can trace the lady and give her the card.

good boy :D :D

please help me

hi everybody
i have lost my all of my immigration papers which include asylum approval
,work permit ,ss card and dmv license ,please help me how can i retrieve all this. yours early response will be greatly appreciated.

sukhipatiala said:
hi everybody
,work permit ,ss card and dmv license ,please help me how can i retrieve all this. yours early response will be greatly appreciated.

did u keep any copies?????? lose asylum apporval is worse than losing any document such as SS,RTD... :confused:

sukhipatiala said:
hi everybody

U have to get a lawyer immediatly and contact USCIS. I'm sure there is a way to get a replacement. In the system u still an asylee.

Form I-824

sukhipatiala said:
hi everybody

Although they in their typical manner stated that you should give them an original to get a copy for the lost approval you should try and send the Form I-824 Application on Action on a Approved Application or Petition ($195.00 fee) and ask for a duplicate approval notice.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-824.pdf

Moreover you may wish to check pro bono legal service providers (that is for free) and talk with them about your problem just to be sure that I-824 is the right path.

http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm is where the list is.

Do not panic – there is always a solution, after all you are approved; just lost your notice. Next time make a copy and keep it safe
:)