• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Forum Memeber of Bangladesh

name error,

As I mentioned my nae mistake is inabsence of Mohemmed. My quiry is while filling the form Which name should i write? Is it my certificate name or the name I got in congrat letter? I have prepared a explantion letter. But still confued about filling my name in format. please give me suggession

Nahid

Nahid, what is your name on passport? I think that you should fill up the forms with the name exactly as you have on your passport.

In an e-mail message sent to me by KCC, they informed that -

"The required forms should be completed using the name that appears on your passport and/or other legal documentation. Any other names you have previously been identified by, including maiden names, should be listed on questions 2 of the DS 230 Part I and question 27 of the DS 230 Part II."

Last edited by a moderator:
Successful CP in Bangladesh

dear Bangladeshis and other fellow dv winners

Well...with a trembling heart , i will like to share that I have got the visa few days back. I am writing a manual, all about the process. I will try to give a guideline , to all applicants , especially Bangladeshi specific. Coz in our country, most of the winners are looser, as they are ignorant about the paperworks.

its taking quite a long..

please keep in touch

Ferdous

Tips and Tricks for Bangladesh

Dear all,

many have contacted me for several tips, address of any reliable lawyer..crazy me i am so lazy , i have not started drafting the interview experience.

well here goes

1. Lawyer

in fact most of the lawyers are a group of thugs. in an organized way, they will collect money from you. beware of the offices at Magbazar. if you are a bachelor they will persuade you to get involved in a contact marriage. Embassy officials can instantly detect a contact marriage.

however i visited a counselor for a while. He is really good

Azizul Islam Bachchu
161 Elephant Road (2nd Floor), Hatirpul, Dhaka -1205
8622909, 9661699, 0189212415

a merely 10000 tk. expense is not a big deal, where the paperworks are done perfectly.

2. Police Clearance

It will take maximum 1 week to have the clearance. You have to make a treasury challan of Tk. 250 in favor of Bangladesh Govt. Well, go to Sonali Bank Farmgate Branch, collect a form and submit the Taka.

1. challan of Tk. 250
2. an application to the OC
3. photocopy of the passport

you must carry the original passport to the Police Station for their verification.

Go to the police station , once you get your 2nd letter. keep at least 10 days from your interview date. a recent dated clearance may help you , not to be fixed in the Security clearance/ Finger print net.

3. Medical

Any of them will do. my experience is Dr. Wahabs behavior is a bit rude. and i felt surprised when the honorable Doctor asked for the money. (his staff could collect it from me) Wait for the 2nd letter. it will take 30 minutes to get your medical done.

Dr. Lina Shahnaz Parveen Hoq
Dermatologist & Venerealogist
Green Crescent Health Services
Block # G, Road # 10, House # 31
Banani, Dhaka - 1213.
Tel: 881-0486, 986-2384
Fax: 882-9523

Dr M. A. Wahab
MD PhD. Trained in Tropical Medicine
Road # 12, House # 3
Baridhara, Dhaka.
Tel: 882-1454, 882-7553, 885-5953
Fax: 882-6069

Dr. M. Rebecca Rozario
5, Tejkuni Para
(Opposite Holy Cross School Gate)
Farmgate, Tejgaon
Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Tel: 911-7942, 0176-666927
Fax: 911-7942

4. Birth Certificate

Dhaka City corporation will look after this. Make an affidavit from a notary . They will help you with this. Go to the Corporation office, do not talk to any meddlers or dalals, go directly to the office. may be 11th floor. you may collect the application form from www.forms.gov.bd

you are bound to pay a service charge to the staff , ranging from tk. 300 to any. if you want an urgent one, you have to pay tk . 500

about others from other areas, contact the Pouroshava or local DC office.

5. Marriage Certificate

For all married couples , these papers should be included

a) nikahnama bangla and english version
b) marriage certificate

its better to have an additional court marriage certificate , if you get married after winning the Lottery (1st letter/ NL)

Photos are extremely important. Wedding photos as many as you can should be submitted, along with some personal photos of you two.

Remember: there will be head count in the photos, so the wedding photos must prove that you arranged quite a large wedding party. You should include all of the rituals like Turmeric party, the prayers, reception , nikah programs , everything.

its very easy to detect a false marriage. you will be staying in the embassy quite a long time. so forget the lottery , if anything is fake.

6. Educational certificates

Do not make translation of the original. Do not submit duplicate. For example , you have lost HSC marksheet, your HSC certificate is enough. do not for duplicate copy.

dreamscometrue said:
In an email reply KCC has informed me of my interview date at US Embassy KL on 10 October 2006 (Case No. 2007AS000009**). According to them, they will post my 2nd letter in 5-7 days.

Please pray for me everybody! Good Luck to you all!

-dvdreamer

Dear Monayem

i wish you good luck on your interview. I want to help all DV 2007 winners, thats why i am posting public instead one on one basis.

Consulate to consulate the CP process varies. Similar with Consular Officer to Officer. They have total discretion on the process and no one to influence.

Questions generally asked to Bangladeshis.

Education:

1. Accuracy of your certificates, they will ask general question to be sure if your completion dates are compliant with the dates you provided.
2. your long term planning regarding education.

Profession

1. general questions about your current job, responsibilites, company details.
2. what is your career plan in the USA?

Marriage

1. when did you get married?
2. where did you arrange your marriage program?
3. how long do you know each other?
4. was it arranged or settled marriage?
5. how many people were there? (pictures will justify!!!)

the whole interview session will not exceed 5 minutes.

my tips is that : be straight in the replies. if you dont know the answer just say no. but they dont like to hear :: "I think", "It may be", "Probably"

dont say unnecessary addtional things.

good luck.

ferdous

After Frightening 3 months, I have got DV2006 VISA!!!

Dear All, Specially Bangalis
I have got VISA on September 05, 2006. Best wishes to all who are waiting for visa and thanks to this forum & all this forum memeber. Special thanks to Ferdous, Mishel, Mohit & others.

Tawhid

congrats

Dear Tawhid

its a pleasure indeed that you won, i saw so many people winning DVs from Bangladesh, but you are the only one who is so helpful . You deserve this mate!!

i will be here to help Bangladeshis as well as others who need my assistance. thats why i am visiting the forum every day.

i wish you will also stand beside these people of our country.

Ferdous

I Got My Visa After 5 Month Waiting I Come Here September-01,2006 .today After 18 Days I Received My Welcome Notice .
My Question? Is When Will I Get My" Ssn " And " Gc " Any One Know ????

My Port Of Entry Is Miami And Staying West Palm Beach .

Shohag :D :D :D :D GREENCARD ARRIVE BUT NOT SOCIAL SECURITY CARD . :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

congratulations

We are so happy for you. Welcome to the United states. See you in the USA.
will love to know about your interview experiences.

Good luck

ferdous

shoag12345 said:
I Got My Visa After 5 Month Waiting I Come Here September-01,2006 .today After 18 Days I Received My Welcome Notice .
My Question? Is When Will I Get My" Ssn " And " Gc " Any One Know ????

For social security number you have to go to local soical security office with your papers that shows you are a permanent resident.
FOr GC call INS or wait more.

My Port Of Entry Is Miami And Staying West Palm Beach .

Shohag :D :D :D :D GREENCARD ARRIVE BUT NOT SOCIAL SECURITY CARD . :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Does US embassy accepts Nikah Over phone as an evidence of Marriage

Hi there

My fiance is an Ph.D student in USA. He went there on Last month of this year. He is a Research Assistant at university of Minnesota. His funding is well enough to carry over my expenses.

Due to some reasons we could be get Married before he left Bangladesh. so now We are planning to get married over phone on January 2013.He will be unable to come back to country until December 2013 due to his course work. Our Marriage will be help according to the Muslim rule and with the involvement of both families in Bangladesh.

My Questions are:

1. Does US Embassy in Bangladesh accepts NIkah over phone as an evidence of Marriage?
2. Can I apply for F2 visa before December 2013 just after receiving the I-20 Issued from his University?
3. What kinds of Problems I could face during the visa Interview?

Need the reply urgently.

Thanks