• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Forum Memeber of Bangladesh

name confusion

Dear Tawhid

thanks for your reply.

i can only do one thing is , wish you the best! though I also have a high case number, may be July / August based on the progression and availability of numbers.

it depends on them , it might , it might not affect. lawyers are not always reliable, but for paperworks , you have no option. But I am relying on the bulletin boards.

as you have a computer Diploma and Graduation, you can try for other countries as well for Migration . Try the HSMP of UK, Australia or Canada.. in one sense the cost is similar , but USA checking process is lengthy! they have to reject lots of applicants and a minor mistake seems to them as a serious one.

i heard many applications turned down because of name conflict before. But i will suggest you to take the chance. Its an opportunity and a merely $ 755 is not a big deal in the long run.

did you collect all other necessary papers like evidence of support, birth certificate?

Tawhid said:
Mr. Mishel thanks to ur reply.
1. I have already corrected my name from the education board & the original & corrected both are english version
2. My NCC diplomas certificate has same problem but lmu university degree has correct
3. I haven't contact with any lawer but a consultant firm who is not a lawer. He says it possible but require a lot of money
4. can u tell me what's r other oppurtunity (H1?)
5. I have admited BUET 6 months before getting NL

pls reply as early as possible.

In no.5 did you mean you have admited BUET as a fresh man? I mean undergrad (Level one term one). I am also graduated from BUET. Do you have the same name problem in passport and birth certificate? When did you issue passport? Is it before getting NL? What is lmu University? It seems new to me.

Dear Tak2
i am studing in post-graduate diploma on ICT. I issued my passport after got the NL. lmu is london Metropolitan university.
would u tell me about u.

Mishel said:
Dear Tawhid

thanks for your reply.

i can only do one thing is , wish you the best! though I also have a high case number, may be July / August based on the progression and availability of numbers.

it depends on them , it might , it might not affect. lawyers are not always reliable, but for paperworks , you have no option. But I am relying on the bulletin boards.

as you have a computer Diploma and Graduation, you can try for other countries as well for Migration . Try the HSMP of UK, Australia or Canada.. in one sense the cost is similar , but USA checking process is lengthy! they have to reject lots of applicants and a minor mistake seems to them as a serious one.

i heard many applications turned down because of name conflict before. But i will suggest you to take the chance. Its an opportunity and a merely $ 755 is not a big deal in the long run.

did you collect all other necessary papers like evidence of support, birth certificate?
Dear Mishel
i am colleting my paper. To collect an American company's job offer will take some time. i will atteste my ssc & hsc documents from the education board this week.

bangladesh

the last case from Asia reported in some of the message board was possible 79xx, though the number of winners were 91xx something...last case from your country was 78xx

you will have your interview in November/ December maximum...if DV 2007 is not cancelled, you may even get the visa if all of your papers are in perfect order. Do not ever think about the number of winners from your country. In the statistics, not a single country covered the quota of 7 % 3500 within last 10 years.

for some countries, Evidence of Support is not required. Those include Bangladesh, Nepal, and others, but country to country it varies, so better prepare yourself fully, in the 2nd letter it will be mentioned ...

best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bangladeshi News

Dear Tak2
1. Younger brother of Mohit whose name is Towhid has got visa
2. Tawhid another one who response this messege is in under Washington D.C security & Finger Print check.
That's all. It will be better if you send a mail to tawhid@nmcigroup.com

tak2 said:
Hi Tawhid/ Mohit:

Any news? Any news from any bangladeshi?

monayem said:
Could any one kindly advise what may constitute (for DV CP interview purposes)

1. Birth Certificate for a Bangladeshi not born in a municipal area, i.e., in a thana. Is the "Registration of Birth Certificate" issued by Union Parishad Chairman with (all) recent dates (even for a person 30 years or so old, registered only recently) OK? Given the fact that we did not have anything like registration of birth or such provision during our time decades ago.

2. Marriage Certificate.
Is the "Nikah Nama" (contents of which say it being rather a certified extract from the register) issued from the "Kadji Office" (registrar of marriages) sufficient? Or separate certificate issued by "Kadji Office" or any other office?

I am living outside of Bangladesh (not in the USA) for over a decade. I have little idea of what is sifficient as certificates which we never needed before. Please help!

Thank you.

Monayem, I am also from Bangladesh. I think you can request for birth certificates in the Municipal of Dhaka. As far as I know, U.S. embassy in Dhaka is accepting those birth certificates only (it looks like a small book) unlike the old version. If you have any relatives in Bangladesh, you can ask them to find out more about that. Someone who is from Bangladesh knows about it clearly, please share.

Salam from a Bangladeshi. I have been visiting this website for quite a long time, though i never replied to anyone. My interview will be held on August 2006. As i am 2006AS 75xx.

Monayem Bhai,

I think Mr, Mishel said your interview will be November 2006. So be prepared. About getting a birth certificate, you need an Affidavit from a Notary signed by your mother or father. Attach one picture and submit it to the City Corporation , Dhaka. You may collect the forms from www.forms.gov.bd

It will cost you Tk. 300 . Well...I am also in a puzzle about marital papers. Coz I am married and i need to make the papers ready. I have a notarized version issued from the Kadji Office. someone said the embassy do not like notarized papers, is it correct?

Towhid, Muhit or anyone from Bangladesh who have attended the Interview:

can you tell me which papers they ask you to submit at the 1st counter? I want to contact anyone who is successful in Year 2006.

Dear Kanta and Monayem

well if you have any relatives working on behalf of you, you can collect recent issues of birth certificates, which will give you similar looking certificates.

you are very lucky that you are having CP in Malaysia. They have few winners and not much hassles. Needless to say , Dhaka Consulate has to face 5000/6000 persons every year. And most of them come from the remote areas of Bangladesh.

Kanta, i will like to contact you too as i need your counseling, afterwards.

well, now i have only one hassle left, getting sure about marriage certificates. I have few days left for interview. So guess, what a bad situation i am in.

There are many Bangladeshi users of these bulletins, will anyone come forward?

monayem said:
Hi ferdous and kanta80,
Nice to know that you are also from Bangladesh and into American Dream.

Hi monayem bhai, I have been living in U.S. for almost 6 years :) . I came in student visa and now have H1B visa. I guess I am the lucky one here whose green card is in process from three different ways: a) from my company - Employment Based green card, b) through my husband's Employment based green card and now through DV. I guess Allah has poured HIS blessings on me.

I wish you best of luck in your process.

ferdous said:
Dear Kanta and Monayem

well if you have any relatives working on behalf of you, you can collect recent issues of birth certificates, which will give you similar looking certificates.

you are very lucky that you are having CP in Malaysia. They have few winners and not much hassles. Needless to say , Dhaka Consulate has to face 5000/6000 persons every year. And most of them come from the remote areas of Bangladesh.

Kanta, i will like to contact you too as i need your counseling, afterwards.

well, now i have only one hassle left, getting sure about marriage certificates. I have few days left for interview. So guess, what a bad situation i am in.

There are many Bangladeshi users of these bulletins, will anyone come forward?

Thank you very much for your suggestions, Ferdous. One of my relatives in Bangladesh has just gotten my birth certificate. I will receive it in a week.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. I will try to answer to my best knowledge.

Best wishes to you too and don't worry about marriage certificate. You still have 1.5 months.

thanks

Monayem bhai

thank you so much...i have those papers , Bangla, English and a Marriage Certificate all from the same Kadji office, those are also notarised.

i am mentally getting ready to face the interview.

kanta apa apni which state e thaken?

As I interviewed at Dhaka, i haven't required to translate in English Because the councelor & her assistent know bangla very well.

Please avoid the advise of Bangladesh Embassy in KL, you can contact with USA embassy in KL what's they prefer.

I think you have the following two options:
1. Just translate it from "Aunubadak" like dhaka aunubadhak at Dailnik Bangla
2. Verification of Educational Documents from Foreign Ministry is far easy than others task at MInistry.

Tawhid

Tawhid,

thank you for providing this information. In fact i want to get the lists of papers they want us to submit at the embassy. I know you must be going through a tensed moment, same with me . Cause you see i am also awaiting the interview. And I am getting ready so that, i am fully prepared to face the interview.

I heard that the embassy is highly irritated when they see notarized versions of documents. thats why someone suggested me to collect a non-notarized copy of my marriage certificate.

any news of Muhit?

Ferdous

Medical examination can be completed within one day. To vacine it is require only 2 or 3 seconds. They put 2 injection on your two hand. Thats it.

Tawhid

monayem said:
I wonder what vaccinations are actually required in case of dv applicants from Bangladesh (I have already seen the medical forms). Probably we were vaccinated for Chicken Pox, MMR, TB, etc. long ago but official records are non-existent. We are thinking to have all the vaccinations whatever required done during the time of official medical examinations. Do they take long time (say a few weeks' interval) or can they be completed in one day? If some of the vaccinations need a few weeks' interval, probably we can save time by getting them in advance from our own clinic (in that case we can have them not paying anything).

Any advice from anybody?

Wish you good luck everybody!

hi Tawhid

Tawhid,

you still have time to get clearance. They will not find anything negative about the enquiry. Just pray and stay calm.

I heard they conduct several tests like, urine, stool, blood and TB. For these it takes at least 72 hours. do you often have to visit the medical centers? which medical centre did you visit for this test? what tests do they take?

i will be really grateful if you can provide me the recommended name of a Physician.

i have not got the 2nd letter but its on the way. I want to clear those before hand.

Ferdous

Name discrepency

Dear Bangladeshi freinds

I have got a congratulation letter for DV 2007. I am having name problem. While writing my name i avoided inadvertantly Mohemmed from original name. But My certificates which were translated , having mohemmed every where. What do you suggest to me.

Should I inform kentucky for this problem. I am afraid if it would be cancelled at the time of interview at embassy.

Nahid

Dear ferdous
it will be better for medical check up after getting second letter. It require only one day. Nevethless the following are USA Embassy Dhaka enlist physician, you can go to anyone:

Dr. Lina Shahnaz Parveen Hoq
Dermatologist & Venerealogist
Green Crescent Health Services
Block # G, Road # 10, House # 31
Banani, Dhaka - 1213.
Tel: 881-0486, 986-2384
Fax: 882-9523

Dr M. A. Wahab
MD PhD. Trained in Tropical Medicine
Road # 12, House # 3
Baridhara, Dhaka.
Tel: 882-1454, 882-7553, 885-5953
Fax: 882-6069

Dr. M. Rebecca Rozario
5, Tejkuni Para
(Opposite Holy Cross School Gate)
Farmgate, Tejgaon
Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Tel: 911-7942, 0176-666927
Fax: 911-7942

ferdous said:
Tawhid,

you still have time to get clearance. They will not find anything negative about the enquiry. Just pray and stay calm.

I heard they conduct several tests like, urine, stool, blood and TB. For these it takes at least 72 hours. do you often have to visit the medical centers? which medical centre did you visit for this test? what tests do they take?

i will be really grateful if you can provide me the recommended name of a Physician.

i have not got the 2nd letter but its on the way. I want to clear those before hand.

Ferdous

Dear Roshid

Have you translated your certificate after getting the NL. If not , i think you can interview with this certificate. If yes, It could be problem.

Tawhid

nahid_roshid said:
Dear Bangladeshi freinds

I have got a congratulation letter for DV 2007. I am having name problem. While writing my name i avoided inadvertantly Mohemmed from original name. But My certificates which were translated , having mohemmed every where. What do you suggest to me.

Should I inform kentucky for this problem. I am afraid if it would be cancelled at the time of interview at embassy.

Nahid