format of letter to Senetor and/congressman

aero_ir

Registered Users (C)
All,

I'm thinking of writing a letter to Illinois senator requesting to check the status on my application and/or reason for delays from the Chicago office, and/or cc that letter to the same IO who interviewed me so he knows there is an inquiry coming from senator’s office. (My Interview was done October 3, 2008), no oath letter or data yet.

I called the 1800 number today, and the agent transferred me to the second level. Second level was very flat in her answer that there is no decision on the application and told me keep waiting. I am very frustrated what is taking so long (almost 4 months) and still application is undecided.

Could anyone please share their experience and/or format of the letter they written in similar regard ? Any further advice on the matter will also be appreciated.

aero_ir

I am pretty much in the same boat as you are except I did my interview in dallas. Most congress members have a form on their website for immigration privacy release. You can then write a letter to explain what is going on and specifically ask what you will like to see an attach it to the release form. If the office is close by, you can just go to their office and speak to someone.

It seems we have moved from being stuck at the name check to being stuck at waiting for oath (now they can not blame the FBI). I was able to confirm that my application has been approved which is why I am undecided on filing a lawsuit under the 120 year rule. The USCIS can organise enough oath ceremonies of situable size to deal with the pile up. Even for "judicial oaths", using a larger venue with a judge present instead of the court premises would suffice and help alleviate the hold up. But they would not do it which is very typical of the USCIS.

All,

I'm thinking of writing a letter to Illinois senator requesting to check the status on my application and/or reason for delays from the Chicago office, and/or cc that letter to the same IO who interviewed me so he knows there is an inquiry coming from senator’s office. (My Interview was done October 3, 2008), no oath letter or data yet.

I called the 1800 number today, and the agent transferred me to the second level. Second level was very flat in her answer that there is no decision on the application and told me keep waiting. I am very frustrated what is taking so long (almost 4 months) and still application is undecided.

Could anyone please share their experience and/or format of the letter they written in similar regard ? Any further advice on the matter will also be appreciated.

aero_ir

Last edited by a moderator:
I am almost done with about 15 different format letters to about 15 different people in the US Govt , Congress, and the Judiciary. I will be posting them at the end of this week for anybody to download, fill out, sign, and send.

These letters will include just about everyone with decision making power to formulate and/or change US immigration policy.- :D

I am almost done with about 15 different format letters to about 15 different people in the US Govt , Congress, and the Judiciary. I will be posting them at the end of this week for anybody to download, fill out, sign, and send.

These letters will include just about everyone with decision making power to formulate and/or change US immigration policy.- :D

Sweet! Can't wait. :D

I am pretty much in the same boat as you are except I did my interview in dallas. Most congress members have a form on their website for immigration privacy release. You can then write a letter to explain what is going on and specifically ask what you will like to see an attach it to the release form. If the office is close by, you can just go to their office and speak to someone.

It seems we have moved from being stuck at the name check to being stuck at waiting for oath (now they can not blame the FBI). I was able to confirm that my application has been approved which is why I am undecided on filing a lawsuit under the 120 year rule. The USCIS can organise enough oath ceremonies of situable size to deal with the pile up. Even for "judicial oaths", using a larger venue with a judge present instead of the court premises would suffice and help alleviate the hold up. But they would not do it which is very typical of the USCIS.

Thanks Thoughtful!!! I'll keep you posted and you may do the same, and wish you good luck on your oath, hope you get it sooner.

Aero_ir

Thanks Rick, I'll be waiting!!

Aero_ir

Can someone please kindly send the format of letters, we have asylum case pending decision for 6+ years , we would like to write to senator/president/DHS director.

Thanks a lot for help

Can someone please kindly send the format of letters, we have asylum case pending decision for 6+ years , we would like to write to senator/president/DHS director.

Thanks a lot for help

Hi asylumhelp.

I will send some format of letters for you; so I don't know if These are the correct format of letters for you.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: