Format for local Police clearance certificate

monu

Registered Users (C)
Hello successful CP-ers,
I browsed the whole forum but could not find the format for the local police clearance certificate ( from the area/district of residence in India).
I would appreciate it if someone gives me the format for the same .
Thanks
monu

It has your photo on the letter. A stamp and a sign on it by the official.
It says that we have no adverse records on Mr. .... , passport number ...., s/o .... A US immigrant visa may be granted to him as per your regulations.
--

Feasability of getting a PCC in India

Practically speaking I wonder how difficult would it be in term of time and bribes that one may have to pay to get this certificate. Since the embassy is not insisting on it I would not worry about it.

Getting a PCC in India should not be a big problem. You don't have to go personally. Ask one of your family to go to the Police station (DSP office at the district headquater - if possible). You will probably have to give an application along with a reason and few documents with a proof that you were living there (a ration card?, voters ID?). I believe it's a regular form just like the non-availability certificate. This is what they send to the Regional passport office when you apply for a passport and the so called 'police inquiry' happens.
Being in India, build a buffer of about 1+ month and few trips to the station for the purpose (Unless 'course you have some influence)

I did not go through this local PCC process myself. (disclaimer :) )

Hello everyone,
thanks for the format/comments/opinions.
I will still get the local police clearance certificate just to be safe.
bye
monu