Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (SSI Sponsor)

clocktower

Please anyone could help me,
In form I-864 Affidavit of Support If the sponsor receives SSI. What should I choose in Part 6 Employment and Income
Unemployed or leave all the options unmarked.
Also (my current individual annual income) should I write ssi as annual income or leave it blank?

Attachments

• 20191201_193844.jpg
    20191201_193844.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 3
SSI is not employment. If the sponsor doesn't have a job, it should be "unemployed". They still need to put their income in the box that asks for it. I believe SSI can be counted in the income.

So if I choose unemployed what is unemployed date is...
The date of became a us citizen or receiving the green card or receiving SSI....

Not the question, but I’m curious as to how the petitioner manages to receive SSI without ever having worked here? That may not be a good omen for public charge in itself.

clocktower - in Part 6 Employment and Income, my impression is that you can check any box 1 - 6, and #5 is "Retired Since", followed by the date.
My question on the same subject is, I am retired living on SSI which is enough to qualify me as a sponsor, and I have listed that amount under #7 & #20 as my current individual annual income. However, under the next section - Federal Income Tax Return Information - it asks me to list my adjusted gross income for each of the last 3 years. Only the taxable portion of the SSI flows through to AGI, and that was zero for the last couple of years. How do I handle this? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.