form I-131 biometric appointment

upuna

hello!

recently i applied for re-entry papers. i know i had to do that a month before leaving the country, but i didn't have such opportunity. so i asked someone else to do that for me.
i received an appointment notice for biometrics. called uscis and asked why can't they use the fingerprints that i gave few years ago for my green card? they had no answer.
at this point i requested to rescheduled the appointment but i know that i won't be able to make that one either.
so i was wondering if you know if there is anything i can do. maybe i can call somebody who can reply my questions. maybe there is a biometric service in us local embassy?

would appreciate any suggestions!

was your application sent in while you were outside the country? if so, then don't bother with the biometric appointment as your application will eventually be rejected.

uscis has posted new instructions on the re-entry permit: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

hello!

recently i applied for re-entry papers. i know i had to do that a month before leaving the country, but i didn't have such opportunity. so i asked someone else to do that for me.

well i sent my application while i was in the country. but i didn't send the right amount of money, so they sent the whole thing back, and then my friend had to apply for me. so i guess that counts as "i wasn't in the country while applying".

thank you for your help!