form 47p and police clearance in georgia

Lru

Hi,
I am required to send police clearance for my application as per form 47P.
I am currently residing in Georgia, USA.
Does anyone have details about how to go about getting the police clearance certificate here?

-Lrugnevm

lrugnevm ,

You have send your finger prints to FBI on a FBI finger print card (generally avilavle from local police office). Then they will send you back with stamping the results on back. Which you can send to Australian Immi. dept.

Hope this helps

Thank you for the reply.It doesnt answer the question thogh

Hi,
Thank you for the response.
47P states that for residents of United States, FBI verified fingerprints and a police clearance are required.I have sent the FBI verified fingerprints, but have been asked to send police clearance from local or state police department.
The local or state police department clearance is what I looking for some guidance on.
-lru

When did you send those finger prints from FBI to Australia? May be those are old and they are asking again? I just sent FBI finger prints and they never asked anything like local or state Police clearance.

I think they have some instructions on their website. Try to find out from there if they have changed the procedure

Thank you again

Hi ,
I sent my FBI verified fingerprint card in December.
The verification was done in December itself.
I do not have a US Green Card.
Form 47P does not distinguish between Permanent residents and Legal non-Immigrant residents. It identifies everyone as plain - residents.
Also, today I received a letter from the person in charge of my case who asked me for such a clearance letter.
Thank you for the help.
-Lru

Local Police Station provides the certificate

Hi vahope4gc,
I obtained this letter from the local police station for $15(2 copies)
Thanks.
-lrugnevm