Form 1-864A

feranmi

Registered Users (C)
I just want to confirm if I do need form 1-864A

Who is it for?

I am about to submit my application and I am not working yet.

My hubby and my brother- in-law are filing affivate of support for me

I just want to confirm if I do need this form 1-864A in anyway.

Also is it better to buy the money other seperately or to buy them all together

Thanks

I-864A is an affidavit of support form that compliments I-864. I-864A should only be filed if the petitioner doesn't meet or exceed the poverty guidelines. Your hubby should complete I-864 and your BIL whom you say is the co-sponsor should complete form I-864A.
You need this form as long as your hubby didn't meet the amount listed by CIS.
You will be better off to purchase seperate money orders for each form that you submit.

feranmi said:
I just want to confirm if I do need form 1-864A

Who is it for?

I am about to submit my application and I am not working yet.

My hubby and my brother- in-law are filing affivate of support for me

I just want to confirm if I do need this form 1-864A in anyway.

Also is it better to buy the money other seperately or to buy them all together

Thanks
On USCIS.gov for I-864A under Purpose of Form it reads:
"By signing this form, a household member who is not a sponsored immigrant, agrees to make his or her income and/or assets available to the sponsor to help support the immigrant for whom the sponsor has filed an affidavit of support."
It is also explained in the instructions of I-864A. Just read them.
The application fees can't be sent together. If your buying money orders, you should buy one for each form. Only the fingerprint fee ($70.00) should be combined with the I-485 Form fee ($330.00). So, you would include a money order of $400.00 for your I-485.

NJGIRL said:
I-864A is an affidavit of support form that compliments I-864. I-864A should only be filed if the petitioner doesn't meet or exceed the poverty guidelines. Your hubby should complete I-864 and your BIL whom you say is the co-sponsor should complete form I-864A.
The brother-in-law can complete I-864A only if he lives in the same household.
You need this form as long as your hubby didn't meet the amount listed by CIS.
Not true!
If her husband does not meet the income requirements for sponsoring her, she needs a joint sponsor. If it is her brother-in-law, he would fill out another I-864, unless he is a household member. In which case he would fill out I-864A.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I really appreciate you replies.

My brother -in-law lives in LA while we stay in Chicago.

He has completed form 1-864 and send his taxes for the past three year, his employment letters & pay stubs, house documents

I just wanted to clarify if he still has to fill 1-864A

I am on my way to buyer the money order & will seperate them.

Thanks once again, your sincere advise is deeply appreciated

Anahit said:
The brother-in-law can complete I-864A only if he lives in the same household.

Not true!
If her husband does not meet the income requirements for sponsoring her, she needs a joint sponsor. If it is her brother-in-law, he would fill out another I-864, unless he is a household member. In which case he would fill out I-864A.
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

If you do not live with your brother in law that means that both your husband and brother in law have to fill out the form I-864 one per each of them, just make sure that your brother in law check the part where says that he is joying someone else (in this case your husband) in the support of an alien (in this case you). Do not bother about the I-864A it does not apply to you because you do not have any current income.