forgot to sign my NIW cover letter

niwsam

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I forgot to sign my I-140 NIW self-petition cover letter. Can I send in the cover letter again later after I get CIS receipt(in hoping that they will add it to my package)?

any opinion is greatly appreciated.

there is a good chance that they may deny it rightaway--they stated that they will deny rightaway if inproper signature or fees--it is best to send the signed cover letter express mail right NOW---if it is returned a few days later, just send it again. If you are lucky they haven't processed your package, you will be fine---------but mine was sent an receipt notice the second day I submitted, so it is tough.

ted8h6 said:
it is best to send the signed cover letter express mail right NOW

If I send a signed copy of cover letter right now, how do they know it is connected to my initial package?

it is all right if they return it right away - I can resend it after sign the letter and only a couple of weeks will be delayed. I am afraid they will find it unacceptable when adjudicate it, this could be years delay.

Could you pls share more of your exprience?

Thanks a lot,

sam

niwsam said:
it is all right if they return it right away - I can resend it after sign the letter and only a couple of weeks will be delayed. I am afraid they will find it unacceptable when adjudicate it, this could be years delay.

sam

Don't worry then. If they return your application rightaway, you just re-sign it and send it in---make sure you check for all signatures, fees (better separate checks or money order), etc.

Within two weeks you will either receive a receipt notice or a denial. If they send you the receipt, you can send in just the signature page with the receipt attached, they will know how to find your file and include that page since there will be a receipt number.

my application got approved in a few weeks after filing in 2004. It is too late to share any tips since you already sent it in. :)

why do you need to sign the "cover letter"?

In fact, why is a cover letter mandatory? I guess it's good to have a petition letter summarizing your evidence, but why is a signature so important?

weakunix said:
In fact, why is a cover letter mandatory? I guess it's good to have a petition letter summarizing your evidence, but why is a signature so important?

I hope you're right. in fact that's also my thought. never heard anybody having trouble because of forgetting the signature on the petition letter. but I am still nervous in fear of that the officer reviewing my case will think that I am not serious in my application.

anyway, I'll wait for the receipt and re-send the signature page. hope that they will kindly add it to my file.

sam