• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Foreign State Chargeability

hakim66

Registered Users (C)
Hello

i'm moroccan citizen born in France and lived there for 5 years before returning to Morocco where i live until now.i don't have french nationality.

in Foreign State Chargeability i put FRANCE

Could you please tell me if that might cause some issues during the process?

Hello

i'm moroccan citizen born in France and lived there for 5 years before returning to Morocco where i live until now.i don't have french nationality.

in Foreign State Chargeability i put FRANCE

Could you please tell me if that might cause some issues during the process?

Foreign State Chargeability means the country you were born in or the country on the basis of which you applied for the DV lottery. Since you are not a French citizen, you did a mistake by putting France there. Correct your mistake and send new forms to KCC. By the way, which country of birth did you mention while you applied for the lottery? If you mentioned France there, then I am sorry to say that you are doomed. They will reject your case, because France is in Europe, and you are a national of morocco. If you made a mistake of only putting France in your forms sent to KCC, then there is no problem. But, if you put France as your country of chareabiliity in your DV lottery application, then that's the worst problem, and it will reject your visa for sure. I hoe someone else has got a solution to your problem. Wait for other replies!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Foreign State Chargeability means the country you were born in or the country on the basis of which you applied for the DV lottery. Since you are not a French citizen, you did a mistake by putting France there. Correct your mistake and send new forms to KCC. By the way, which country of birth did you mention while you applied for the lottery? If you mentioned France there, then I am sorry to say that you are doomed. They will reject your case, because France is in Europe, and you are a national of morocco. If you made a mistake of only putting France in your forms sent to KCC, then there is no problem. But, if you put France as your country of chareabiliity in your DV lottery application, then that's the worst problem, and it will reject your visa for sure. I hoe someone else has got a solution to your problem. Wait for other replies!!!

How come? France is the right country, he or she was born there (regardless of the citizenship). It's all very well explained in the instructions for DV.

How come? France is the right country, he or she was born there (regardless of the citizenship). It's all very well explained in the instructions for DV.
How would he prove that he was born in France, he says that he doesn't have the French nationality!!!!!!!!!! Well, I don't know about it, this case is a bit complex, lets wait for more replies!!

Thanks Guys

in my point of view i think i didn't make a mistake because "foreign state of chargeability" means the place of Birth.

i have evidences that i was born in France:

Birth Certificate state that i was born in France

National identity card state that my place of birth is Paris France

Bachelor's Certificate and my driver licence state the same thing

contraction wediast

Thank you Sir

but when i subscribe for the DV lottery they didn't told me if i was moroccan or French.here is the questions :

4. CITY WHERE YOU WERE BORN :Paris
5. COUNTRY WHERE YOU WERE BORN – The name of the country should be the one currently in use for
the place where you were born.FRANCE
6. COUNTRY OF ELIGIBILITY OR CHARGEABILITY FOR THE DV PROGRAM – Your country of eligibility
will normally be the same as your country of birth. Your country of eligibility is not related to where you live.
If you were born in a country that is not eligible for the DV program, please review the instructions to see if
there is another option for country chargeability available for you. For additional information on chargeability,
please review “Frequently Asked Question #1” of these instructions.France and Morocco are both eligible

Thank you Sir

but when i subscribe for the DV lottery they didn't told me if i was moroccan or French.here is the questions :

4. CITY WHERE YOU WERE BORN :Paris
5. COUNTRY WHERE YOU WERE BORN – The name of the country should be the one currently in use for
the place where you were born.FRANCE
6. COUNTRY OF ELIGIBILITY OR CHARGEABILITY FOR THE DV PROGRAM – Your country of eligibility
will normally be the same as your country of birth. Your country of eligibility is not related to where you live.
If you were born in a country that is not eligible for the DV program, please review the instructions to see if
there is another option for country chargeability available for you. For additional information on chargeability,
please review “Frequently Asked Question #1” of these instructions.France and Morocco are both eligible

There's a similar thread elsewhere, but you seem fine as you put down France and you were born there.

By the way although both France and Morocco are eligible they are not "interchangeable" for DV purposes as France is EU number and Morocco would be AF number - but this would only have been a problem for you if you had put Morocco as country of chargeability.

By the way Gabam's comment about not being able to prove you were born there because you don't have nationality is incorrect. Obviously the original poster has his birth certificate, but there are a number of countries which do not grant citizenship just because you were born there, so the consular officials will be familiar with this type of thing.

me , i'm algerian , and i live in france

foreign state chargeability : algeria

and i'll pass my intervieuw in the us embassy in paris , not in algiers !!

Foreign State Chargeability means the country you were born in or the country on the basis of which you applied for the DV lottery. Since you are not a French citizen, .................

Pal, get real....'educate' yourself before making such stupid assertions!!
Ppl like you make this simple process to sound like rocket sc.!

I am not sure what damning mistake you've made in the process to be on AP for this long.

Best!

erokti produced

I am not sure what damning mistake you've made in the process to be on AP for this long.

Best!

is that means my case is correct please

is that means my case is correct please

Yes you are fine..Good Luck!

Gabam seems one of those countless ppl who get confuse with the Nationality Vs Nativity. Many wins DV but get disqualified later (after spending hard earned money!!) for that simple mistake done at eDV stage.

For US immigration visas (in general) it is not nationality(citizenship) that matter but nativity (land of birth). There are some exceptions to this in law, however.

IMO, they seems go by the principle that 'spoils of the land belongs to the sons of the land'! (legal jargon may be different though!) That's why they give citizenship to ANYONE born here. And imm. law (INA) seems consider and give the same benefit(rights) to others 'born' in different lands. HOWEVER, Canada & USA are the only countries in the developed world who give that right outright from birth (many others have exceptions and some wants you to wait till you become an 'adult' and 'apply' for those rights!)

This is something that makes these 2 countries great, though many are fighting tooth and nail to change those specific laws! (http://www.cis.org/birthright-citizenship , http://cis.org/BirthrightCitizenship , http://www.cis.org/birthright-citizenship-diplomats )

Best!

Yes you are fine..Good Luck!

Gabam seems one of those countless ppl who get confuse with the Nationality Vs Nativity. Many wins DV but get disqualified later (after spending hard earned money!!) for that simple mistake done at eDV stage.

For US immigration visas (in general) it is not nationality(citizenship) that matter but nativity (land of birth). There are some exceptions to this in law, however.

IMO, they seems go by the principle that 'spoils of the land belongs to the sons of the land'! (legal jargon may be different though!) That's why they give citizenship to ANYONE born here. And imm. law (INA) seems consider and give the same benefit(rights) to others 'born' in different lands. HOWEVER, Canada & USA are the only countries in the developed world who give that right outright from birth (many others have exceptions and some wants you to wait till you become an 'adult' and 'apply' for those rights!)

This is something that makes these 2 countries great, though many are fighting tooth and nail to change those specific laws!

Best!

Thank you Sir for the explanation,i really appreciate your concern

Sorry guys, I think I misread and misunderstood the whole problem. I just confirmed everything, and it seems that the most important thing is "Country of birth", and not "Country of citizenship". For instance, a Chinese immigrant in Australia cannot apply for the DV Lottery, because his country of birth(China) is not eligible to apply for the lottery. But, an Australia immigrant of Canada can apply for the Dv lottery, because his/her country of birth(Australia) is eligible for the DV lottery. So, this friend of ours doesn't have any problems whatsoever. As long as he can get a birth certificate from France, he won't face any problems. He would have faced problems, if he would have his country of chargeability as Moroco. So once again for the misunderstanding. Best of luck for your interview!!!

Best!
Relax my friend, you can say the same thing in a soft tone, there is no need to go out of your way and get personal. Best of luck!!!

Relax my friend, you can say the same thing in a soft tone, there is no need to go out of your way and get personal. Best of luck!!!

Sorry, wished it was different, done on the spur of the moment....I apologize!

Best!