For those whose name check results were uploaded before Sep 30th

sammau_2005

Registered Users (C)
According to CSC, if the name check results were uploaded to their database by the 30th of September, the cases would be ajudicated. The name check for my spouse was cleared on the 28th but couldn't make it to the USCIS database. For others, this is good news. Good luck !

Seems like I missed my boat. I got FP notice on Sept 26 to fp on OCT13. I did not do the FP so far. Oh boy I cant believe I spoiled my chance.

sammau,
did you email CSC and ask about this or you are guessing/???
sbabunle, there are still people whosee name check hasn't beeen cleared from 02,03... so it is normal....but unlucky though....anyway with retro...one can console himself....

name Check - verify

How do we check with USCIS that our NameCheck has been updated into the databse?
Thanks,

Name check vs FP

My spouse's name check was cleared at one month ago. But he just did his FP Sept. 30. Does he miss the boat? You mentioned the name check, not FP, right?

Amazing...All bets are off !

The Name Check for my wife was cleared on the 28th of September and I just got the mail that her application was approved and a card ordered.

Guys, there is still hope for cases affected by retrogression. As I mentioned earlier, if your name check was cleared in september there is a high possibility that you will get approved in the next few days. Be patient...well , at least try to be :).

How do you get email reply ?

sammau_2005 said:
I got the info. in a email reply from DIV-XII.

Can you please elaborate on your dates and what email you recieved that talked about the FBI name check process ?

Can you post your information ?

sammau_2005 said:
I found out about the Name Check status from my senator's office.

I am in the same boat as you. My Name check has been pending since Jan 2004.
I recently contacted the Senators office to expedite. ( about 10 days back). I recived a letter from the senators office that they will contact me once they hera from the USCIS/FBI.

Any idea how long that takes ?

It takes around 3-4 weeks for them to hear back from FBI. Make sure that you call them every 10-12 days to check on the status..good luck !

how about FP

Sammau_2005,

How about FP? My spouse's name check is ready a long time ago. But he just did his FP recently and the results of FP have been sent on Oct. 2.

Will his case get approved? When they say name check was uploaded in database, they just meant Name Check, not FP, right?

Thank you for ur reply.

kitten said:
Sammau_2005,

How about FP? My spouse's name check is ready a long time ago. But he just did his FP recently and the results of FP have been sent on Oct. 2.

Will his case get approved? When they say name check was uploaded in database, they just meant Name Check, not FP, right?

Thank you for ur reply.

I think so. But there are lots of uncertainties in how USCIS works.
So no one can answer that for sure.

Generally speaking, USCIS seems to initiate the name check process
after FP and RFE's are collected (according to my lawyer).
But there also seem to be exceptions like your spouse's case.

If you're sure your spouse's name check is finished and cleared,
it's probably almost near approval (assuming I-140 is approved),
generally speaking, IMHO.

Good luck,
fdfd