For those whose I-140 is approved : How did you come to know about it ?

letsee

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
for those whose I-140 is approved : How did you come to know about it ?

Recently, I had seen posts here saying that, for some people 485 got approved before I 140 and it turned out to be there I140 was approved and they never knew about it, EVENTHOUGH they were checking online status frequently. Since I 140 being an employer-petition, I understand that you wont get informed through postal mail. But atleast the status would have been changed in the Online USCIS website.

Some folks say, they 'came to know' about it from the attorney though online staus read "We have recieved blah blah and it is taking 400 days for blah blah"

Share your thoughts....

i recd 2 emails one for I140 and other for I485. Both were approved on same day. Finally free on 03/18/05.
Today the lawyer sent us the email reg the approval.
gccan

gccan said:
i recd 2 emails one for I140 and other for I485. Both were approved on same day. Finally free on 03/18/05.
Today the lawyer sent us the email reg the approval.
gccan
Who sent you 2 emails, one for I140 and other for I485, your attorney? Can you specify it clearly?

recd 2 emails from USCIS on 03/18/05, one for I140 and other for I485 approval.

on 03/21/05 recd 2 emails from the lawyer, one for I140 and other for I485 approval.

see signature for the dates

In my case I got FP notice in the middle of Feb and got I140 approval around same time. There's no change in status message whatsoever. It still says my case is still being processed... How I came to know? Just by chance. I checked with my attorney and he told me that my I140 got approved.

For me the online status changed and lawyer got the approval notice. For most of the people it seems they got approval emails.

For me,
1. I checked on USCIS website and it said my 140 is approved
2. Got two emails from USCIS that my 140 is approved
3. My lawyer sent an email to me with the 140 approval letter (as a PDF attachment) that he received
4. My employer gave me a copy of the 140 approval letter they received

I-140 is Employer's petition

In my Case, I got -140 approval status email (as I enrolled in USCIS online status notification). I forwarded the email to attorney and asked for the approval copy. After acceptance from my employer to share that information with me, my attorney sent me a copy.

I am in the same boat.

Hi All, I have replied my RFE on 1st March. I see LUDs on 1st and 2nd March and then 14th and 15th. There were no LUDs after that. I see in so many cases LUD two days in a row turned their approval. Is there anyway we can get that information? because my employer is not giving me any information.

ghk said:
But do we need I-140 copy? If yes for what purpose?
Thx

For me, it is only for my record (to make sure) since I filed I-485 concurrently. If 485 is being filed after I-140 approval, then this copy is required.

I am not aware of any other uses of the copy of I-140 approval notice and wish to know if there are any other purposes.

Please update

Hi All,

Any one had this situation in past (140 approved but not updated on website), when they finally see the status change in the web site?

seniours??

gcaaa111 said:
Hi All,

Any one had this situation in past (140 approved but not updated on website), when they finally see the status change in the web site?

seniours??

Hi gcaaa111,
Dont worry i am in the same boat even worst. Got RFE on 1/17/2005 replied RFE on 3/15/2005 but no change on the LUD or status nothing on the website.

gcaaaa1

I got my 140 approved yetsterday, i received an email from USCIS, i had registered in their website. And also the status has been updated.

My attorney will receive the approval notice.

Hope this helps