For those who got Green Card recenly

sbwsoon

Registered Users (C)
My card has been approved recently and received my green card. It is surprised that I saw on my card "Resident since 05/23/2001". I thought that It should be "Resident since my approved date". Is there any policy change? Does that mean that I can start my citizenship processing on 05/23/2006 (after 5 years)? Anybody has the same situation. I hope that it is policy change which will shoot our citizenship processing and save lots of time. Thanks.

This is interesting...Certainly will help a lot of people like me who have waited for more than 3-4 years to get GC..... :rolleyes:

Yes, It is my priority date!!! I asked couple of friends around me. They showed dates which are approval dates but mine is priority date. I definately hope that It is policy change.

wow..

folk my pd is feb99 and i still have not got my gc...assuming i get it in the near future and going by the previous posts i should be eligible for citizenship as soon as i get the gc?? sounds strange, but holycow...nothing is impossible...... :)

pd feb 99
i 140 nd is jan 2003
i 140 ap is oct 2003
i 485 nd is july 16 2003
fp1 is 9.24.4
lud changes 10/4, 10/5, 10/18 and 10/19

my Priority date is May 98. So that means as soon as I get my GC I am ready to apply for citizenship?
is that what it means?
I don't think so

Many members have posted that they have received card with wrong DOB, Country etc.

Looks like mistake by USCIS.

sbwsoon said:
My card has been approved recently and received my green card. It is surprised that I saw on my card "Resident since 05/23/2001". I thought that It should be "Resident since my approved date". Is there any policy change? Does that mean that I can start my citizenship processing on 05/23/2006 (after 5 years)? Anybody has the same situation. I hope that it is policy change which will shoot our citizenship processing and save lots of time. Thanks.

usnycus said:
Many members have posted that they have received card with wrong DOB, Country etc.

Looks like mistake by USCIS.

But the first one that works in our Favour. I hope this is a Policy Chnage and not just a misktake. There are people that have been pushing for it for a lobg time

sbwsoon said:
Any more recent cases to refute or confirm this?

Since my personal information is correct, I am not planning to call USCIS since I am not sure whether it is mistake or not. I have no time to check the new policy. I am assuming that they did right.

I too received my card yesterday and it has all my information correct including the resident since 10/13/04.

Ideally speaking, you are a legal permanent resident only from the day you've been approved and not when you started the whole process.