• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For those who didn't get picked up for DV lottery, How did you cope up disappointment.

I wanted to know how DV hopefuls have managed to cope with disappointment when they were not selected in lottery.

just like everything in life, you move on. DV was never meant to be one's only pathway to a better life.

it is a lottery, with 0.1% of chance being selected anyway.

I've never entered with the hope to win to be honest.

Reactions: YTM
The first time I didn't get selected I was so sad, didn't really deal with it to be honest. The second time, same thing, it hit even harder cuz I guess i still had hope. Then the third time I didn't care, cuz I realized that my chances are so low, being from a country that not many people apply I won't ever get a chance. Now it's like nothing, I go in, put in my information and I just expect the "you have not been selected" message, then I move on with my day and plan other things.

Reactions: YTM
The first time I didn't get selected I was so sad, didn't really deal with it to be honest. The second time, same thing, it hit even harder cuz I guess i still had hope. Then the third time I didn't care, cuz I realized that my chances are so low, being from a country that not many people apply I won't ever get a chance. Now it's like nothing, I go in, put in my information and I just expect the "you have not been selected" message, then I move on with my day and plan other things.

Thank you so much for your reply. The reason why I asked is I am pinning my hopes for the DV 2021 although I know it is a 0.1 chance of being picked up. The moment, I realized that I am eligible to apply for the DV lottery, I became super excited and this is the only thing that's running in my head. I can't wait for Oct to apply and May next year for the results to be announced.

Thank you so much for your reply. The reason why I asked is I am pinning my hopes for the DV 2021 although I know it is a 0.1 chance of being picked up. The moment, I realized that I am eligible to apply for the DV lottery, I became super excited and this is the only thing that's running in my head. I can't wait for Oct to apply and May next year for the results to be announced.

Yeah that's a normal feeling, pretty sure everyone feels that way the first time. Just gotta brace yourself for not being selected so it doesn't affect you as much,

At least you are now well informed about the process. The first time I entered the lottery, when I got that "Thank you" remark after submitting my entry form I thought I was already in the US. You can imagine the disappointment when I got the Not Selected reply. But over time, I got used to it, and I still participated year after another.