• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For those that like to argue about statistics...

I had been quite determined to stay off this thread for personal reasons, but at this stage, I just can't contain myself anymore!

My goodness! :eek::confused:

Great response, as usual, Simon :)

Precisely why I tell my kids don't believe everything you read on the internet whenever they tell me something ridiculous and I ask how they came about it, to which they respond "oh, it's on the internet".

For sheez! I live about 1 hour's drive away from Southern Cali, I've lived there ever since I moved to the US, and it's still as congested as the first day I stepped foot into the State. Congestion is the main reason why I couldn't and still can't bear to live there. Same reason I can't stand places likes San Francisco and it's immediate suburbs in Northern Cali.

People abandoning California for places like Florida and Texas??? Majority of the people living in California don't give a hoot about the property or State income taxes. Yes, they may grumble about it now and then, but not enough for them to abandon the State in favor of some other.

Just like those living outside of the US who are supposedly "massively renouncing" their US citizenship or LPR status for tax reasons, those "abandoning California in favor of other states, namely Texas and Florida apparently" are like a drop in the ocean!

Welcome to the thread!!

Your comments are spot on, and actually it reminds me about something that is relevant. The governor of California is a guy called Jerry Brown. California was in financial crisis (as were/are) many others. His solution was to raise taxes and cut spending. Hard on both counts - basically telling people they would pay more and expect less. He has done exactly that and the State is now financially stable again. He has achieved very high approval ratings and despite his age he could get re-elected again next year.

So, as Mom says, people in California generally don't mind paying taxes, it is part of life and in the mostly democratic state people accept taxes and public spending as the right thing to do. Very few (in my experience) would move elsewhere, which is why the State is hugely congested!

Ok guys stats and arguments are over here lol
I had a look at the caec only checked for AF so far, and I noticed a lot of holes like outta 10 # I get 3 real cases ! And btw lot of ready's !!!! So for hardly got Refuseds !
Waiting for solid numbers from you guys :)

Sloner according to mijoro OC has 47% succes up to now so do you still believe OC is going current end of the year ?