For those FBI Name Checking more than 6 months, you are 1%!

GCIsTortoise

Registered Users (C)
According to the latest fact sheet of USCIS regarding Immigration Security Checks: "In about 80 percent of the cases, no match is found. Of the remaining 20 percent, most are resolved within six months. Less than one percent of cases subject to an FBI name check remain pending longer than six months."

I'd like to know, how many people on this board are in 1%? :( :mad: :confused:

I know I'm in 1% more than 16 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're not in the backlog. If your name check actually started.
Your case "being sent to FBI" is different from "FBI actually started
working on" your case.

I think what they're saying is it would resolve most of name checks
in 6 month if your case is not sitting on backlog.
Otherwise, it's total BS.

i thing it's close to be correct. Look at the statistics - how many GCs were issued? thousands. How many people are stuck in the NC on this forum? Couple of dozens. And remember that not everyone knows about www.immigrationportal.com. in fact, mostly people with problems look for such forums. so i think it might be true.

Mine is 6.5 months now, not impacted by backlog. Sent email to USCIS, replied that background check is not cleared yet. Sent email to congressman yesterday, no response yet.

smartgege said:
Mine is 6.5 months now, not impacted by backlog.

You would not know whether you're in backlog or not.
FBI would not inform us(or congressman or whatever)
whether an agent is working on your case or your case
is in the waiting list(backlog). My local congressman
told me my case is probably in the backlog. His office
said FBI is currently suffering with huge backlog.

fdfd said:

What's the difference if you're in FBI backlog or not in backlog but in 1% unlucky guy? Both got to wait much longer than 6 months. The point is: FBI can't finalize your name checking in 12~24 moths timeframe for most of people.

It's SO NICE that FBI tell you that you are probably not hit but we're backloged! I guess their timeframe math is: once we start to check your name, 80% will pass in two weeks and 20% will pass ...blah blah. BUT WE CAN"T START TO CHECK YOUR NAME BECAUSE OF BACKLOG!

I found those government agencies are very innovative to scr*w legal immigrants.

fdfd,

What I meant was my case was not impact by the USCIS backlog. My LC PD is 1999. Not sure what's going on in FBI.

GCIsTortoise said:
According to the latest fact sheet of USCIS regarding Immigration Security Checks: "In about 80 percent of the cases, no match is found. Of the remaining 20 percent, most are resolved within six months. Less than one percent of cases subject to an FBI name check remain pending longer than six months."

I'd like to know, how many people on this board are in 1%? :( :mad: :confused:

I know I'm in 1% more than 16 months.
Yeah, But how many is 1%?
Boston District Office 1st laddy told us that 15K are in the FBI NC waiting game. I`m there since 13MAR05.

michvin said:
i thing it's close to be correct. Look at the statistics - how many GCs were issued? thousands. How many people are stuck in the NC on this forum? Couple of dozens. And remember that not everyone knows about www.immigrationportal.com. in fact, mostly people with problems look for such forums. so i think it might be true.

Not really...even outside of this forum, it appears that everyone I know seems to be either stuck in NC or knows somebody else who is stuck in NC.
I just don't buy the 1% figure.

Last time,

In forum, I mentioned, FBI fooling all that only 1% remaining, many of my friends including myself still pending for name checks.........

I-485 DEC.2004 RD
last inquiry in April, Name check/background check penDING

what I know in my company, 5 appplications in 2004, there were 3 approvals, and 2 got stuck in NC.

I am also wating for NC results since March 2004.

Thanks
SSRK

EB2, RIR , INIDA
I-485 Apply date : March 2004
Waiting for Name check .....

If you know some people who filed later than you but get their name check cleared, then backlog is not an excuse of the delay.

I think FBI use the term "backlog" to indicate that the files required manual check are piled up. Automatic check only take several days to clear if no hit.

fdfd said:

xu111 said:
If you know some people who filed later than you but get their name check cleared, then backlog is not an excuse of the delay.

I think FBI use the term "backlog" to indicate that the files required manual check are piled up. Automatic check only take several days to clear if no hit.

The thing is we do not know how FBI orders thier cases.
I personally do not think they put the cases in the order of filing date.
My guess is PD. FBI would not tell that. Some people say
both USCIS and FBI are trying to get rid of old cases.
This makes first-come first-served.
This also means relatively newer cases(PD-wise) can take
as long as some of oldest cases(potentially)..

I just read a local ethnic newpapers that reports, "according
to the data published by USCIS", at least 20% of name/security
check cases are taking MORE than 6 months.
I don't know how accurate they are but it says USCIS processes
about avergae 1.5 million cases per year with name check.
And about "230,000 cases" of them
take LONGER than 6 months for name check. And about 1% of them
gets stuck for multiple years.....

By the way, AFAIK, emplyment based VISA quota is only 140,000 cases
per year. And family based VISA is about 220,000. And total is 360,000
cases. What other cases constitute 1.2 million cases ?

Depending of how much of 230,000 cases are emplyment based,
the percentage of getting delayed more than 6 month could be
much higher, I guess. :mad:

I am sufferer of Name Check too!! In fact there is a seperate thread that has a tracker. my name check pending for 1.5years.

As of 02/25/2006 my name check is still pending confirmed by Senator and USCIS. OK, here is a news in my case - Just 2 days back myself and spouse's I-485 were issued RFE (not received actual papers yet and hence do not know RFE details). I recently got code 1 Bio and completed on 03/28. DOES THIS INDICATE MY NAME CHECK IS COMPLETE? Although I do not have much trust that name check is cleared. This may be some kind of pre-adjudication crap by NSC. My PD is current since Feb, 2006.

Any ideas?

OK, so what is the way out?

As some one whose name check is stuck in the big wheel since May 2003 (EB2, RIR, PD Current), I have written to congressman (no response), checked with USCIS ("call back in 6 months" yeah, right!), written to Ombudsman (got a response - he started another query to USCIS, check back in 45 days), written to FBI via snail mail and email (no response in over a month) and I am seriously considering filing a Writ of Mandamus - the only *real* recourse. The package costs about 300 to obtain, but should the case go to a federal court, 5K - 15K is average.

How badly do I want this? Each year $4K is spent on EAD and AP. Without AP, I can't plan travel. Without EAD, I can't work -- in short, $4K is unavoidable. What is my fault?

I look at people posting the fact that they are stuck for 6.5 months and they find it too long .. I have been running this marathon forever.

Name Check sufferrer

My PD is Feb2001. I-485 processing date from California service center is June2005. Recently checked the status of my 485 and it is pending Name Check. I am so scared now, after reading your experiences. USCIS should start providing some Mental Health Counceling now....for Name Check sufferrer people...