For those Approved recently

Jaic

Registered Users (C)
When can we expect the Approval notice and the Actual Green Card.
I was approved on July 7th Haven't got the Notice yet (I think should give a week for mail)
but how about the actual card?
Thanks
Jay

Usually it takes 10 - 15 days from the approval date to get the approval notice.

You have to take the original approval notice or the original courtesy copy to the local BCIS office with ADIT photos and requested documents in the approval notice. You also have to take the BCIS issued documents like AP's and EAD cards. These things will not be mentioned in the approval notice. They will take your fingureprint and signature for I-551 processing.

Local BCIS office will send it to Service center (I guess) and they will approve it. They will order for the card after approval and usually it takes 1 - 2 weeks to et it after approval.

Usually the approval letter comes in about a weeks time. Since mostly the courtesy copies are mailed out to the individual, you should receive them in a weeks time and the lawyer would receive the original approval letters within a week too.

After the stamping , the process for ordering the actual card begins , and based on which center processes it, it will take about 6-8 weeks to recieve the actual card in hand.

Thnx

Thanks Guys

for your quick reply....
Is it important to get the passport stamped........?
Thanks once again

Hi guys,

I got approved this week after a 4 month wait after my interview in baltimore.

The approval says that I will receive a card in the next 9-12 months from VT. and If i want I can come to the baltimore office and get a stamp in my passport.

What should I take along with me ?

Documents needed

This is what I was told by gurus here

Original Approval letter (some offices might take the copy too)
All APs and EADs
2 ADIT photos
Passport
Most recent I-94
and Any other documents specifically asked in the letter.

I am yet to go for stamping but I am planning to take all the documents that I ever submitted, just in case.

Getting stamped is as good as having the platsic card. It enables you to go out of the country and come back without AP or visa! (I think)

Is Monday a good day to go for stamping? I think Mondays would be too busy and crowded at the INS office and wait time would be more!

Stamping the passport is a temporary proof of your Legal permamnent residence. If you were to travel, before your card arrives, it would be required that you have this stamp, else you would need to carry all your docs.

My spouse travelled, with the stamp on passport and at the POE was still sent to secondary inspection, since it wasn't the actual card itself.

Based on your locations, differen centers have different days you can go for stamping. If you approval letter says monday then sure go ahead on a monday. The thing is that usually there are many people waiting at the centers who do not have appointments (on their approval letters) , but want to give it shot. If you go on the day you have been asked to go on, the wait time reduces considerably.

What is secondary inspection at POE? Thanks

Originally posted by phoaupkari
Stamping the passport is a temporary proof of your Legal permamnent residence. If you were to travel, before your card arrives, it would be required that you have this stamp, else you would need to carry all your docs.

My spouse travelled, with the stamp on passport and at the POE was still sent to secondary inspection, since it wasn't the actual card itself.

On my Approval notice

it says, ADIT photographs,
Arrival/Departure record,
I-94, and the notice
Isn't I-94 and Arrival/Departure record the same.

And Is the ADIT photograph same as the photograph on the EAD?

Thanks
Jai

Re: Documents needed

Originally posted by JaxGC
This is what I was told by gurus here

Original Approval letter (some offices might take the copy too)
All APs and EADs
2 ADIT photos
Passport
Most recent I-94
and Any other documents specifically asked in the letter.

I am yet to go for stamping but I am planning to take all the documents that I ever submitted, just in case.

Getting stamped is as good as having the platsic card. It enables you to go out of the country and come back without AP or visa! (I think)

Is Monday a good day to go for stamping? I think Mondays would be too busy and crowded at the INS office and wait time would be more!

What time did you go Jax office for Stamping ?