For the gurus !!!

kewlmarc

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,
I regularly browse this forum and have found answers to lots of my queries.
I've few questions regarding Use of EAD for part time job and maintaining H-1 status by working fulltime with the employee.
Now I have read a lot of articles on the above but didnt find any conclusive answer to the Use of EAD and maintaining H-1 status.

Q1) If I work on a fulltime basis for my H-1B sponsoring employer ,Can I use my EAD to work on 1099 as part time and not invalidate H-1B.(assuming I do not go out of the country and nobody complains to BCIS about my work).Only way BCIS will know that I'm using my EAD is if they raise a RFE for my 2003 tax returns.Am I right in my line of thinking?
I'm asking this question because I came out of a project and have taken a voluntary leave from my H-1 company and am getting an offer to work on 1099.
Q2) If I incorporate myself and start working on EAD on Corp-to-corp ,I understand in case of an RFE for proving similar job capabilities ,I would fail because when I incorporate myself my duties change to management and am no longer in a similar job of a Developer/Analyst for which my LC was approved.
Is there a way to get around this RFE in case it arises?

Any efforts to answer this question would be highly appreciated.
You can send private emails to me if somebody doesnt feel comfortable in expressing his/her opinions in this forum but have experienced similar situations and got out of it.
I would appreciate ur responses and hoping the answers would be beneficial to a lot of our friends.
Thanks
My email : kewlmarc@yahoo.com

At your second place of employment you have to file a i-9 form. As soon as you file your i-9, you are an adjustee. So, you will have to go back to your present employer and file an i-9 with your present employer too!

krishnakt,
what purpose does filing I-9 with both employers solve?
If I'm already an adjustee then I can't maintain my H-1 status.
I'm not able to understand your point,an you elaborate on that,please...
Thanks