For SF-Is it mandatory to send orginal US PP?

NEWFILER

Registered Users (C)
This question is for my kith and kin.
Has already OCI but name change is the issue now.
I understand that Name change for OCI need to be applied afresh and it again goes through all the original cycle like,acknowledged,scanned and Delhi printing and SF receipt etc.
Am I correct?
And what is the predicament now is--the person frequently need to travel on office work ,so if we send the US PP original along with application will be a hurdle.
Can self attested US PP copies be sent initially and later on when SF receives the print,can he send original PP?
Also do we need to send canceled Indian PP(doesn't have SC now as the PPs canceled in Jan 2010 it self)?
Thanks for the inputs...

please go through Check List provided by CGISF in their website ( click Process and select what is required. first item is Check List). item 8iii says copy of US PP/NC/OCI cards of both parents. They did not ask for original. You have to attach duly completed Check List with the OCI application

Thanks for your reply but I will explain as below:
The applicant is 18 older and already has an OCI of her own and now since last name changed I understand this come under 'OCI Miscellaneous Services'(since last name change for exisiting OCI)
and under that it mentions:
OCI Miscellaneous form is available on the following link- https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIMiscMain.jsp
Enclosures

Application form
One 2’x2’photograph
New US/ foreign passport in original
Old US passport
Old OCI card
Photocopy of New US passport, OCI card and lifelong visa
Requisite Fee in the form of postal money order
Self addressed pre-paid USPS Express mail envelope
-------------------------------------------------------
New US/ foreign passport in original <<<<<My question is are they insisting on this rule to be sent along with application or can we send after once sticker received at SF.Because it is taking any where for 3 months, travel is needed out side twice before this time,US PP can not be sent along with application.
Also we do not have surrender certificate since at that time only Indian PP cancellation only was needed and we have canceled PPs.
Please give inputs.