For people waiting for 485

prashantsh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am starting this thread for people whose I-140 has been approved but waiting for visa numbers to become available. My 140 was approved from Nebraska and my priority date is October 2003. My GC was filed on EB2. Just wondering how fast the visa numbers are moving. Anyone who has updates on the visa number availability, please post your updates here.

Thanks.

OK gurus!

Deos you GC process stops when you are outside US on a vacation?
What happens when your PD becomes current and you are outside US on a vaction?

Thanks,
goodyearahead

When can we file for I485

http://www.shusterman.com/siu.html#2
An excerpt from the Shusterman's update. Please post your comments.

One of the most important changes would allow persons with approved EB immigrant petitions to submit applications for adjustment of status (along with a $500 fee) even if their priority dates are NOT CURRENT. This change would benefit all EB applicants, whatever their nonimmigrant status, as well as persons who are out-of-status, but who would eventually become eligible to submit applications for adjustment of status under section 245(i).

imcg said:
http://www.shusterman.com/siu.html#2
An excerpt from the Shusterman's update. Please post your comments.

One of the most important changes would allow persons with approved EB immigrant petitions to submit applications for adjustment of status (along with a $500 fee) even if their priority dates are NOT CURRENT. This change would benefit all EB applicants, whatever their nonimmigrant status, as well as persons who are out-of-status, but who would eventually become eligible to submit applications for adjustment of status under section 245(i).

Dont get your hopes up since Senate bill is not the law and we still have a long way to go - Senate-House conference may never happen and then all these great provisions are useless...

Hello

My I-140 got approved in May 2006, my priority date is 11/17/2005, EB2..... waiting to hear for the lawyer for the next step...

Filled labor (PERM) under EB3 in March 30th 2006.

Labor (PERM) - April 7th 2006 (Approved)
I-140 - July 3rd 2006 (Approved)

Country of Birth (COB) is India.

Q1. When can I file my I-485 and how long its going to get the GC?.

Curious

PERM applied December 2005.
PERM. March 2006
I-140 August , 2006.

When will I be able to file 485, no body knows since priority dates of Oct 2001 are being processed at this time. May be in another 3 years :confused:
Hopefully before my 6+1 years of H1 expire.

Does anyone have any idea what happens if H1 expires while I-140 has been approved.

Thanks
Imran

don't worry you can always keep extending the H-1B if you have a LC and or I-140 filed 360+ days before the H-1B is up.

imranm71 said:
PERM applied December 2005.
PERM. March 2006
I-140 August , 2006.

When will I be able to file 485, no body knows since priority dates of Oct 2001 are being processed at this time. May be in another 3 years :confused:
Hopefully before my 6+1 years of H1 expire.

Does anyone have any idea what happens if H1 expires while I-140 has been approved.

Thanks
Imran

Thanks for the reply GC.

The real question is with this type of attitude/policies, are they trying to discourage employment based immigration? Is Lou Dobb's phoenomena taking effect?