For Obtaining Passport for IR2. Please Help

sunnicool6

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus . Please help
My son entered US on 18’th of May 2012 on IR2. (I am US citizen- naturalized) and my son is under 18.
At the port of entry the officer asked us to go to Social Security office and apply for SSN number and we did and we got my sons SSN number in a week
Checked on line his Status and the status is card mailed.
Initially when I applied for 130 , I submitted I 864 and I got a query asking to submit I 864W and we did and my son’s I 130 was approved.

As my son is under 18 and since I am US citizen, can I apply for a my son’s US passport immediately.
I read in some website stating that I can apply for his US passport after entering US with immigration visa (as IR 2), Is he eligible to apply for US passport. Please advice. The reason why I am asking this , we are planning to go to different
countries for vacation, Please advice
. Thanks in Advance

My son entered US on 18’th of May 2012 on IR2. (I am US citizen- naturalized) and my son is under 18.
At the port of entry the officer asked us to go to Social Security office and apply for SSN number and we did and we got my sons SSN number in a week
Initially when I applied for 130 , I submitted I 864 and I got a query asking to submit I 864W and we did and my son’s I 130 was approved.

As my son is under 18 and since I am US citizen, can I apply for a my son’s US passport immediately.
I read in some website stating that I can apply for his US passport after entering US with immigration visa (as IR 2), Is he eligible to apply for US passport. Please advice. The reason why I am asking this , we are planning to go to different
. Thanks in Advance

Getting a US passport for him this soon could be problematic.

You need evidence that he is residing with you in the US. He just arrived in May, and then you already want an expedited passport for him to travel again in the near future -- that looks like he's just visiting you, not residing in the US.

There are other considerations -- how old is he, and where is his other parent? If he's under 16, normally his other parent needs to be present when you apply for his passport. Do you have legal custody, obtained from the government of the country where he last resided, and the papers to prove legal custody?

Hi Jackolantern
He is 17 years old now and i have the legal custody and all the documents are in tact and we are planning to travel to UK during this summer vacation. And i was told that minor children of us citizens who enter us will automatically become us citizens. Is that right. Please clarify.

Thanks in Advance

. Thanks in Advance

You should file an N-600 with USCIS before the filing fee goes up again.

Hi Jackolantern
He is 17 years old now and i have the legal custody and all the documents are in tact and we are planning to travel to UK during this summer vacation. And i was told that minor children of us citizens who enter us will automatically become us citizens. Is that right. Please clarify.

Minor children of USC of automatically obtain citizenship if all the relevant conditions have been met. That includes being admitted to LPR status and residing with the US citizen parent in the US, and the USC parent having legal custody.

What evidence do you have of your son residing with you? Has he enrolled in school? When do you plan to travel? If possible, waiting a few more weeks to accumulate more evidence of residence would increase your chances of getting his passport approved.

How to Apply for IR2 Visa for a minor child?

Dear Sunnicool-

My son is born in India and I am trying to apply for IR2 VISA.

What forms have to be applied? I-130, 1-864 or 1-864w.
Where did you mail the IR2 forms? to Delhi consulate or in USA?
How long it took for you to get the approval?
Appreciate if you can share the info.

Guru

. Thanks in Advance

I need help on this one. My step mother filed a petition for me and I was approved I got my immigrant visa on March 22nd 2016 amd I also had a baby at on the very same day. The embassy officials new I was expecting but my due date was April 18 2016 (baby came before) the embassy in my country told me that my minor child is not entitled for an immigrant visa under the ir2 visa category however when I arie in the us I can file a petition with the uscis. Now are the tell ing me that I should li e my new born behind? My immigrant visa expire June 4 2016 aND Ill be 21 on June 5th 2016. I still feeling the pain of when my parents left I can do it to my baby. Please help!