For I-140(cp) Approved Guys . . . . .

gentrig

Registered Users (C)
How far this is true.....
Per attorney, INS (VSC in my case) does not need to wait for the papers come from consulate, even if NSC has sent them to consulate. INS has all the copies which is good enough for processing.
I would appreciate if anybody can verify this with IIO.

If this is true, then,

Why most of the guys approved with I-140 CP has to wait longer that those who approved with AOS?

No Title

Also, I have seen lot of other CP guys got approval with little (2/3 weeks) delay. OCT2000 is one of them.

It was not a problem for me

Guys,
My 485 ND was 12/12/00. My case was approved on 10/11/01. In my 140 application, we opted for consular processing (at Chennai,India). After my 140 was approved, it was sent to NVC. But we still filed 485 in Nov 2000 and ignored packet 3 that was sent to my lawyer. I was told by NVC that they sent my papers to Chennai on 12/12/00, however that should not cause any delays for my 485 processing. When I talked to IIO a day before my approval, she said my case was in decision making stage and a decision would be taken in a month. She also said INS would automatically get the 140 papers and that should not cause any delay. In my case that turned out to be true. Hope this helps.

No Title

Thanks a bunch, sw. Also, comments from OCT2000 or anyone for that matter would be appreciated.

If any body else got approved as sw, please post your info please

Thanks sw, It is good that you posted your case here. It would be really good if we could couple of similar cases where I-140 was approved for CP but still I-485 approval was not delayed too much.
Thanks & Congarsta for your approval sw.. Enjoy your freedom.

No Title

Hey Guys,

Even my lawyer says that INS does not need any of the documents that were sent to embassy.
But I always assume that I know much more than him.

BP

It is not true for all case

My ND Sep25 2000. My case assigned to an officer on Aug 3rd 2000 and still pending.

That\'s true, My attorney told me the same thing .

Please don\'t be panic. Lots of people with I-140 CP got approved without delays. But some cases took longtime. It is the same case with AOS too. So guys, please be optimistic.

No Title

Is there any thing that we can do now to speed up the 485 with 140 approved CPs ?

IF IT HELPS...

This is just my personal experience. My I-140 was approved for CP. AOS approved on Monday. Awaiting courtesy copy.

I-485 Detail

RD: 11/29/00
ND: 12/14/00
FP: 05/03/01
AD: 10/22/01
I-140 CP
EB3-Philippines
NO RFE

Congrats and thanx for your reply Dec2KND...

Every piece of information regarding CP approvals bring a lot of confidence to all of us who are waiting for the approval.

My Corporate Attorney stated.....

that it does not matter if I-140 approved for CP and there have been no delays in the past for CP approved I-140 approved as AOS.

Hope this is true - however, my interests are not the same as my corporate attorney\'s!

No Title

My I-140 was also approved for CP though I didn\'t request for it. My I-485 was approved in time. Click on my id for more deatils.

Know of 2 cases where it was cool

They were both CP guys but company did AOS. One a Dec and another a Jan case. Dec case was approved 4 weeks ago and Jan case was approved 1.5 weeks ago. In these cases no delay was observed. The company did not file a request or application to transfer case from consulate to service center. Just the usual cover letter with 485 stating case papers need to be brought back from xxxxxxx consulate as beneficiary is in USA and will do AOS.

Read posts by Kini for the other side.

Good luck.