for health insurance..pl. guide

forinsurance

Registered Users (C)
Hi every one, I have heard a lot about this forum and made me jump to this site for some help and guidance. I need health insurance for my mother who is a 59 year old green card holder. She just received a social security number. What health insurance would be good in this situation? She doesn't have too many health problems at present by god's grace. Would be waiting for your reply!!!!!!

Thanks guys.

It depends on the state your mother resides.

Health Insurance varies dramatically from state to state. MN, with the highest health insurance coverage (and also best overall health, and 6th highest taxes!). Here insurance rates can't jump nor one dumped from coverage due to change in health status. If any GC/Citizen is denied they are eligible to buy the state plan through MCHA.

http://www.healthinsuranceinfo.net/

forinsurance said:
Hi every one, I have heard a lot about this forum and made me jump to this site for some help and guidance. I need health insurance for my mother who is a 59 year old green card holder. She just received a social security number. What health insurance would be good in this situation? She doesn't have too many health problems at present by god's grace. Would be waiting for your reply!!!!!!

Thanks guys.

forinsurance said:

Thanks guys.
Yes, it really does. In some states GC holders are not given Medicare/Medicaid. They have to wait 5 years after getting GC. No need to be US Citizen. In some states US Citizenship is required.

In California there is the MediCal system and any GC Holder over a certain age can get it.

California is the best state in this regard.

Can anyone guide here......

Thanks for the response. Can anyone guide here what health insurance company is best and reasonable. Has anyone seen any one else buying health insurance for parents. If so, what is the most reasonable one. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks!

Please be clear that no one specific insurance company or health plan will be "best" for everybody. Rates vary hugely depending upon location, gender, age, health, preexisting conditions, size of deductible, plan benefits and many other factors. The only way to find out is shop around for quotes that fit your budget and coverage needs.

Be prepared for a shock - health insurance is horrifyingly expensive, especially as you get older.

Health insurance is regulated by states and rules vary from state to state as also the insurance company. You have not mentioned what state you are from. There is no magic bullet. You will need to contact the health commissioner of your state and find out the information and do some ground work. You are setting yourself for being swindled if you don't do your own research. There are many health "insurance" selling on the internet which are not worth the paper they are written on. So beware and do your research locally and directly.
forinsurance said:
Thanks for the response. Can anyone guide here what health insurance company is best and reasonable. Has anyone seen any one else buying health insurance for parents. If so, what is the most reasonable one. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks!