For everyone who applied in June last week

kkrathi

Registered Users (C)
This is for everyone whose priority date was in June and were qualified to apply in June but mailed their packages in the last week of June. It is obvious due to contradictory statements from USCIS that many of us are interpreting our apps won't go through if they reach USCIS this week. I fall under the same situation. I was able to get through the USCIS on their phone lines. I called three times and I got different answers all the three times. First two times (once with a supervisor), they were not sure and admitted the USCIS language was confusing. They told me to make an appointment with an immigration officer. Third time, the operator consulted her supervisor and said as long as my priority date was current and before july I should not worry even if the applications reached later than June. I asked her how sure she was. She seemed to suggest the supervisor knew what he was talking. I will leave upto you guys' interpretation but here is the bottomline action you all can take -

PLEASE CALL USCIS. THE MORE THEY HEAR ABOUT OUR SPECIFIC CASES, THEY WILL DELIBERATE ABOUT TWEAKING THEIR RULE TO ENTERTAIN CASES THAT REACHED OVER THE WEEKEND OR WERE POSTMARKED BEFORE JULY OR EVEN THOSE THAT WERE SUBMITTED IN JULY BUT HAVE A PRIOR DATE

Here is the number to call

800 375 5283. The call tree is quite winded and you have to listen carefully. Essentially the goal is to get to an operator.

The operators may have left so you can try on July 5th. But try them today too because I was just able to get someone. Who knows you may be lucky. Also whenever possible, try to request a supervisor. The supervisor may have better authority to provide feedback to USCIS.

Good luck all
Krish

This is a good suggestion and I will certainly call this number.My application was received by USCIS Nebraska Center on June 8 and no receipt notice yet, even checks have not been cashed.
My lawyer told me about some internal memo that USCIS has set a goal of sending all receipt notices by the end of second week of July for June filers.

Thanks for the information KKRATHI. USCIS received my 485 petition on 06/27/2007. MY PD is Sep, 2001.

LEt us hoep for the best.

My lawyer sent the package on June 20th and I'm de lucky ones (I'm never one of those) that have got recepits. See my signature for details.

I think everyone should call today. Thanks kkrathi

Update:

I called USCIS as per Krish. I spoke to CSR and he said as long as we file when our PD's are current, they should issue a receipt number as an acceptance. Then I asked is filing means shipping the package? He said yes. But then I asked are they going to check the postmark date of the package, he couldn't answer. Then he changed his words saying that as long as our PD's are current the time they receive the package ours will be approved. I said when I shipped the package it was current and when they received it was not current. He couldn't answer for this.

What I would suggest is everybody call them?

Now my question is if they reject it what is our next move? Can we refile with a letter stating that our application was filed when our PD's were current?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Sandiboy

But is your link CIS related? Can you find a link from USCIS? Also your link says only USPS postmark is valid and not FEDEX or UPS. Hope mine goes through since mine is shipped on 30th by USPS.

Also waiting

We sent in our package in June, it was received by INS on June 21 per our Fedex receipt.

We are also waiting to get our INS receipt. Checks have not been cashed.

Will keep you posted once I get it.

My attorney did mention 'PostMarked Date' will be taken in to account byUSCIS for situations involving dead lines. I hope we get lucky this time.

It's logically got to be the post-marked date guys, unless they specifically say NO, which they haven't .. i remember one of my mates mailed in his app on the last day when they stopped concurrent filing of i140 and
i485 ... he made it coz his date was postmarked on that last day ... he's laughing now ... sit tight and see what happens ...
I don't think anyone has received an app back bacause of this .. and if they did .. something may have been missing in the app ...

My application was sent by fedex on June 29th and reached on July 2nd. Any takes on what would happen to applications sent by fedex?

yeah, it clearly states that they will honor only received date stamp which the dock person do it as soon as it is received from carrier. Mostly we are screwed. Thanks -

July 2nd Reached at 7.55AM

This is for everyone whose priority date was in June and were qualified to apply in June but mailed their packages in the last week of June. It is obvious due to contradictory statements from USCIS that many of us are interpreting our apps won't go through if they reach USCIS this week. I fall under the same situation. I was able to get through the USCIS on their phone lines. I called three times and I got different answers all the three times. First two times (once with a supervisor), they were not sure and admitted the USCIS language was confusing. They told me to make an appointment with an immigration officer. Third time, the operator consulted her supervisor and said as long as my priority date was current and before july I should not worry even if the applications reached later than June. I asked her how sure she was. She seemed to suggest the supervisor knew what he was talking. I will leave upto you guys' interpretation but here is the bottomline action you all can take -

PLEASE CALL USCIS. THE MORE THEY HEAR ABOUT OUR SPECIFIC CASES, THEY WILL DELIBERATE ABOUT TWEAKING THEIR RULE TO ENTERTAIN CASES THAT REACHED OVER THE WEEKEND OR WERE POSTMARKED BEFORE JULY OR Krish

Today I spoke with my Attorney and according to him (Some reliable sources inside AILA/USCIS) USICS has not made a decision whether to accept it or reject it but they may accept application reached before the announcement of July 2nd rejection update (Time Around 2:00PM) from USCIS. So I am hoping for the Best...

Logically speaking thats how it should be. It the package reached earlier than the Bulletin release time what difference does it make if it was received on Jul 2nd 7:55 AM or Jul 1st/Jun 30th....The USCIS was anyway closed for the weekend.

I-140/I-485 file sent on 06/29/07 and USCIS recd on 07/02/2007 at 9AM

My application was sent by fedex on June 29th and reached on July 2nd.
My PD is August 2002 (EB3).

I called USCIS yesterday they told me that as long as Post mark date is in june i will be ok.eventhough they recieved on July 2nd .

But they also told me wait and watch for 30 days if you recieve receipt notice then u are ok.So Even USCIS is not clear answering.

So i crossed my fingers lets wait and watch.

Any way pl update if any body has any update.

Thanks
DD