FOR CS485 DID u get your IEAD from Santa ana.

I was about to post my experience today. got my iEAD from San Bernardino.

I went to San Bernardino yesterday around 6am. There were 30 members ahead of me. I reached the token counter around 8:30. The lady at the counter said that I cannot get iEAD as I've an RFE pending on my EAD renewal. I requested her that if I dont get my iEAD, I 'll loose my job, the GC process will be interrupted etc etc. She asked me to bring a letter from my employer mentioning that my employment will be terminated in case I dont get iEAD. I found a Kinko's near by, called my HR dept immediately and requested for the letter. The HR director said that she has to contact the attorney about the template. I asked her not to worry about the template and requested to put something in plain english with the key words "employment will be terminated". She faxed the letter in 15min. I took the letter, went to the BCIS around 9:45. By that time no one was there in the line. I reached the counter and found a dumb(nice) guy. He just gave me the token number and waited there till 11:15. Incidentally, I found the same lady at the counter who asked me to bring the "letter". She again said that she cannot issue iEAD. Hearing that, I thought of breaking the glass and hitting that lady. I just controlled my anger and some how I convinced that lady to check with her supervisor. She went inside for 5min and then came back and agreed to issue iEAD.

Apart from the letter, I carried copies of I-140 approval(RFE), expressmail copy, I-485 receipt and my current EAD. She took my current EAD. Was out of the building my 12:15 with iEAD. Hmm.. what a relief(though temporary).

Last edited by a moderator:
iEAD in Orange County

Did any one get iEAD before the 90 day period. I am at 75 days and my EAD is expiring in 1 week. Need help..

I am willing to attend near by centers if required..

sent back on 88th Day

My friend was sent back in Santa Ana for iEAD when they went on 88th day...Apparently he stood in line at 2AM still his number was 61st!

iEAD at Santa Ana

Question for you. Was he sent back because of the 90 day period clause or because he is too back(token 66) in the line?

I appreciate your answer as I am planning to give a try on friday

try san diego INS ...u do't hv to go there that early and they will serve anyone who comes there till 2 pm. Tell them some story about job loss .... or if possible take a letter u need that to continue ur job thay might make an exception.

I went to Santa Ana office on Tuesday, about 4am, I park my car in the court side parking because I don't know exactly where is the building 34, so, I had to walk about 10 min to the other side, there was about 50 people ahead of me, and I was told the first one came 9:00pm the night before.

I get into the building around 9:30, went to 7th floor, after showing my doc, they asked me to go to the 5th floor, wait until 11:30am, show my doc ( the old EAD and the EAD recept ) to the officer, and I was told to wait for the picture, about 12:30noon, the picture taken, got back to the parking lot about 1:00pm

my EAD number WAC158

My notice date for my the renewal of my ead is 5/8/03 so technically my 90th day is August 6 since there's 31 days in May and July. Can I go get my iead on August 6 which is my 90th day or does it have to be on August 7 my 91st day? I've been on leave without pay for 7 weeks now :( I'm going to LA office any advise would be appreciated very much...

Thanks.