For all AC21 users.............Success Story....

kt41

Registered Users (C)
EB3
RD:11/14/01
ND:12/07/01
RFE:05/30/03 (Emp Letter - AC21, 3 Months Paystubs, 3 Years Federal Tax Returns including all Schedule,W2 and 1099 forms)
FP2:07/19/03
RFE RD:08/11/03

AD: 11/19/2003
Passport Stamped.

Here is my story............

When I am working with CompanyA I filed my LC with CompanyB. After sometime I moved to companyC while working with companyC my LC was approved and I applied for I-140 with companyB. After approval of I-140, I applied I-485 with CompanyB showing it as a future employement. I have a good realtion with companyB. I paid all my GC expenses and they supported with all the documents required for filing. I did not work even a single day for CompanyB who filed my GC. Before my CompanyC H1 expires I used EAD to work with CompanyC (ie. 14 months after applying I-485 with companyB invoked AC21). CompanyC matched the salary mentioned in LC.

RFE was issued on my case. My attorney replied my RFE as a AC21 case with the following emp letter from companyC including other requested documents.

Date

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is to certify that Mr. xxxxxx is a regular full time permanent employee at our company name .

Mr. xxx has been with us since xxxx. Since xxxx (EAD start date), he is in the position of xxxx (title mentioned in LC) with annual salary of xxxxx (salary mentioned in LC) . His job duties include xxxxxxxxxxxxx(included the job duties mentioned in LC).. Mr. xxxxx is a valued member of our staff.

We respectfully request you to grant him approval of the I - 485 Application/Immigrant Visa in order for him and his family to obtain their permanent residency status soon. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxx

For AC21 it is not necessary to work with the company who filed your I-485. Also you need a good attorney.

As per the attorney following are the requirements for AC21

Need to pass 180 days after filing I-485 with I-140 approval.

Emp Letter:
Mention as a full time permanent employee (it will cover for prospectus of employment).
Date of hire.
Similar job duties.
Match the salary near or around the salary mentioned in LC.

Check this thread ---------------> http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104657

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats !!

Hi,

Congrats and Good Luck..
My situation is exactly similar to you. Am waiting for a decision any time now.

Ajay
RD-12/18/01
ND-01/03/02
FP-02/08/02, 05/22/03